RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Seas

bazspeed

Sorceror
Without the search facility on here I cant search for it, but does anyone know if there is a High Seas patch for SVN?

Erevan

Sorceror
They've updated the core to support HS clients and such, but no content production. I don't believe there are any forks that offer HS support yet either.. most are still working on Stygian Abyss. There was a thread floating around (buried by other posts), that was aimed toward putting together the new HS galleons and smooth boat movement. But as you mentioned, the search function is broken so tracking it down it slightly difficult. Google search is too broad.

Murzin

Knight
actually i think it was in like runuo 2.0 or maybe even RC 1 where someone released a script that offered the "smooth" sailing option and someone else put out a like pirate/cannon options for runuo. and thats where the high seas expansion came from. it used ideas from runuo submitted scripts. you could try to track down those scripts and convert them for your version of runuo, but i think that the smooth sailing one required core mods.

or just wait for official support in the base code.

Erevan

Sorceror
Yep, most of the content is sem-available, but not completed to my knowledge. Another user had started working on Galleons and even designed a basegalleon, but all of it needed finished. If I knew how to add the pieces to an existing baseboat script, I'd do it. My wife and I managed to put together each of the new galleons, all four directions included. It'd be great if some consolidated threads sprung up where the community as a whole could contribute. I'm sure it leaves more of the advanced developers here disinterested in assisting when they have dozens of threads to respond to. :)