RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just Saying hi

RobertaQueen

Wanderer
Hi runuo team and members this site is so awesome ,it has expanded my mind to think how much creativity and effort went into making runuo and I would like to say 5 thumbs up to you all on forrums and to thouse who have worked so hard over the last 15 years , I am new here but plan to make the very best of Runuo and what I thas to offer to the Runuo community ty so very much Runuo for letting me be par tof such an exciteing world of Ultima online chears every one :)

RobertaQueen

Wanderer
Hi dian I have a problem with my server I got the xlm spawner to work ok , but th eproblem is my work is not saveing ,several times my shard has crashed from micro soft updates, then I end up loseing all my work I did in old haven spawning creatures with the creature spawner tool blue diamond thingy place don the ground then you set it for a creature like a Zombie , anyways I lost all my work now several times bye Microsoft updates ,and it is very frustrateing , do you know what I am doing rong with my server please help , Roberta Queen :)

Dian

Sorceror
Look for the file in Scripts/Misc/AutoSaves.cs
This handles the Auto Save system to the shard. Be sure that you have this enabled forst of all;

private static bool m_SavesEnabled = true;

And at the top, look to verify that the time span is something short.

private static TimeSpan m_Delay = TimeSpan.FromMinutes( 5.0 );

It is a good idea when developing to have the time span set to a short interval, so it saves very often. RunUO Should be setup by default for 5 minute save times, and should be enabled.. but your question makes me wonder if it is turned off, or set to hour or longer intervals.

Also, it is good practice while developing to just use the command [save often as you are working.