RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some way to change map names needed.

A

Allmight

Some way to change map names needed.

There are many of us RunUO users that run custom maps that are'nt based on OSI's maps. We need a way to change the map names "Felluca" and "Trammel" and "Illshenar" to something that fit our shards.

For clarification i mean the following names...

Map.Felucca
Map.Trammel
Map.Ilshenar

Or the possibility to add new ones to replace those with.

If there are any references to theese map names elsewhere, it would be great if we could change theese as well.

Sincerely Allmight.

Dian

Sorceror
Indeed.. Having a custom world is Involves so much timeand work, It would be fairly dissapointing to have to refer to the maps as Tram/Fel/Ilish.
Sure Custom maps and worlds are not real common, but there are definetly enough of us out there to make this needed :D

m309

Squire
You can, just change all references to it in all files. Very easily done.

PS - You bumped a post from 12 years ago :confused:

WillieZeke

Sorceror
ok wait a minute (kinda new here) looking in C:\Users\Brad\Desktop\MyUOShard\Data\regions ---- so i can just go to every file in runuo or in ultima file? can i change : Felucca, Trammel, Ilshenar, Malas, Tokuno OR just all city names like: britain, jhelom, etc? also, can i change names of things like caves and dungeons and i see some stuff called town regions and dungeon regions where i see them called things like "the citadel" "bedlam""serpents hold" ... i also see things like ""A Stitch in Time in Haven".... much appreciation for any help you can give!

Dian

Sorceror
Hey, what gives.. I been waiting 12 years for that answer.. some new guy pop's on all the sudden and you answer HIM?!? Thanks a lot m309! Show's how much I am liked around here! :mad:

lol

btw, Allmight was my partner back then.. wow how time flies..

m309

Squire
Lol. Glad I could lend a hand, Dian.

Maybe I'll wander through all of the posts from 2002 and 2003 and see if I can answer them....I like to help. :cool:

Dian

Sorceror
I will be waiting! I better fire up my Win 98 Pc that's running the Beta 2 server, so I can get it worked out finally!