RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO 2.1 - XMLSpawner?

hungry4knowhow

Sorceror
thats odd cause as I was going through the files, specifically basecreature, there are a TON of ML and SA things in the 3.26ver of XMLSpawner that do not come with RUO 2.2-SVN.

Not doubting it compiled and ran just saying there are ALOT of differences.

Gosmann

Sorceror
i think the changes orbsydia made are not "important" to compile core without issues, the code changes doesnt matter, thats why it compiles for me

hungry4knowhow

Sorceror
I gotcha Gosmann, I just thought I'd throw it out there for people, because lets say they do drag and drop, then later drag and drop another script that overwrites something that although "not used" will end up throwing a ton of errors.

I'm not a scripter by any means but I do think its important for people to merge rather than drag and drop. It would alleviate a lot of headaches for everyone.

Gosmann

Sorceror
good point sir:) didnt thought about it, but anyway since I drag and dropped the code, I added a few custom scripts, which also inflicted basecreature changes and still no errors

Corrado

Sorceror
So, I downloaded a copy of XmlSpawner from these forums, I downloaded the files listed above, but it gives non-stop errors and won't even load the server at all.

What am I missing here? Is there no XmlSpawner that you can simply copy into your RunUO 2.2 directory and load?

Nagash

Sorceror
So...I know this is a bit of an old topic but...where do I get this version? I don't now where's this RunUO-SA project and my old account on Orbsydia seems to be dead (along with the option to register a new one). Even if it's not drag and drop, I'd have a try with a new version. Guess it's either that or trying to update and old one :p.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
So...I know this is a bit of an old topic but...where do I get this version? I don't now where's this RunUO-SA project and my old account on Orbsydia seems to be dead (along with the option to register a new one). Even if it's not drag and drop, I'd have a try with a new version. Guess it's either that or trying to update and old one :p.

This is why people shouldnt use Orbsydia.

Orbsydia gets reloaded very week or something and leaves users hanging.

WillieZeke

Sorceror
if anyone can give me some help I would be ever so very grateful!!!
RunUO - [https://github.com/runuo/] Version 2.5.0.24991
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 4.0.30319
Core: Optimizing for 2 64-bit processors
Core: Server garbage collection mode enabled
RandomImpl: CSPRandom (Software)
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Customs/XmlSpawner Core/XmlAttachments/XmlFactionEquip.cs:
CS0246: Line 10: The type or namespace name 'XmlMobFactions' could not be fo
und (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ Customs/XmlSpawner Core/XmlAttachments/XmlFactionMastery.cs:
CS0246: Line 14: The type or namespace name 'XmlMobFactions' could not be fo
und (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

http://www.runuo.com/community/resources/xmlspawner-2.97/
is where i got the spawner from ---
PLEASE HELP :D

fwiffo

Sorceror
The version you got here has been tested with a variety of SVN, from this version,present on this site, to servuo and github runuo, there is a missing file signaled by your errors, have you included every directory present in the 7zip download or downloadable via SVN from Google code?!

WillieZeke

Sorceror
yes, i just extracted to a file then copy\pasted the extracted file into customs -- exactly what the readme instructed me to do :\

fwiffo

Sorceror
You didn't install the XmlExtras since the XmlMobFactions is in there... anyway I fixed this in upcoming revision 20, so who don't want the extras can get rid of the error...

Code:
RunUO - [https://github.com/runuo/] Version 2.6.0.39582
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 4.0.30319
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
RandomImpl: CSPRandom (Software)
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (0 errors, 0 warnings)
Scripts: Skipping VB.NET Scripts...done (use -vb to enable)
Scripts: Verifying...done (3088 items, 749 mobiles) (5,87 seconds)
Enter the Ultima Online directory: