RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RunUO Forum Search

Arrrr

Wanderer
Well, after a month with this broken search feature, could a moderator tell us why is broken? Or, at least, if there is any plan to fix it.

What i'm really concerned is about the state of the forum. If tomorrow another issue appears, could it be fixed? Is this forum under attention? Every day seems more tempting to switch to any other runUO fork, since at least people in charge can clarify the state of their forum (let alone the project itself).

This is not a bait, but after a month with a broken forum it would appear like we were sailing on a sinking ship.

LFFPicard

Sorceror
I am sure there are plenty of people myself included on these forums familiar with forum software, specificity Vbulletin and Xenforo (Past and present platforms) who could help maintain the forums.
It just requires Ryan or another Admin to come back and sort it :)

Dian

Sorceror
I hear ya guys, I have been wondering these things for awhile too.
All I can do is assume that these things happen. How many of us have started a shard full throttle, and for one reason or another left our little community hanging from burn out. Most of us have at some point or another, with enough years at it.

Something has happened, but with any luck and love Ryan will come around and get the place back in shape. There is too much time and investment here to just let it go dead. Hang in there a bit, Ryan is sure to come around and let us know whats up.

Dian

Sorceror
No, it would take more than a mod. But who is to say its broken, and not just turned off to reduce amount of bandwidth being used? Search is most likely the biggest traffic function on the site. We just can not assume anything really.

We can only hope Ryan will come around to shed some light on the whole thing soon.

Arrrr

Wanderer
What if he does not appear and, suddenly, the forum gets absorbed by the internet? The more i wait, the greater effort i'll have to put to convert my code to some other alive fork. I can understand he feels apathy for runUO after all this time or maybe he is dead, but either way the problem still persist.

It is a shame, because i see here a big community assembled, and i wouldn't like to see it disappears from one day to the next, which perfectly could happen since noone here seems to have control over the forum.

_Epila_

Sorceror
What if he does not appear and, suddenly, the forum gets absorbed by the internet? The more i wait, the greater effort i'll have to put to convert my code to some other alive fork. I can understand he feels apathy for runUO after all this time or maybe he is dead, but either way the problem still persist.

It is a shame, because i see here a big community assembled, and i wouldn't like to see it disappears from one day to the next, which perfectly could happen since noone here seems to have control over the forum.

SphereServer once had similar issues as RunUO is having now. The old forum was completely lost due no maintenance. I don't know if it was the community users or Sphere owners that assembled a new forum, but now the community relay in this second forum. Even the devs attached to it (if it is user-created)
If RunUO team does not take any action, this maybe the only alternative after the forum collapse

_Epila_

Sorceror
Not every page is saved on the way back machine
If you go to the page 50 of any forum, it will ask you to save it