RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't search the forums - General Server startup questions.

JelloBiafra-

Sorceror
Hey all, I'm attempting to create a private UO server that I can use without an internet connection, just for my own personal enjoyment. I can only use my smartphone to tether a certain amount of data each month.

This morning I got UO, and patched up to version 7.0.34.23.
I have RunUO 2.3.
I'm using Razor.

I've used the forums to get me this far, thanks to a lot of great people from the past.

As it stands, I can get the server to connect, and run without my tether on. (Which to me is a big deal)

Right now, my only problem is I dont see any critters, got no clothes on new chars, and the server crashes in or around the cities.

Any info is greatly appreciated. I saw posts about the no clothes, Just wanted to mention it, because all the problems see related to scripts, but I'm no programmer so I don't quite know what that entails.

After recovering my old RunUO community account, the browser search just fails, so I thought a post might help.

Thank you to anybody that takes the time to check my post, respond, or laugh at my lack of knowledge! ^^

Update#1 - I did [global remove where spawner and got rid of the crashing in cities, but Neruns distro for runuo 2.3 just gives a shit ton of errors, so Im looking for a spawner script I guess

JelloBiafra-

Sorceror
Alright, I have the right version of it on my PC. When I replaced Data and Scripts and ran RunUO, It popped a ton of red messages. I'll keep trying. Thank you

JelloBiafra-

Sorceror
I must of jacked it up somehow the first attempt, I tried it again, and it works great (so far)

Now my only remaining problem is that each time I log in, anything my avatar is wearing is not visable, but still there. So I cant equip new weapons, and it thinks im on a mount even when im not. Is that a typical thing I just havent fixed yet?

Dian

Sorceror
The paperdoll stuff.. That is from using the most current Ultima Online client, and RunUO is not really yet compatible.

I really do not have answers for you on that one myself, because I do not use the newest client for that very reason, and do not have the time to spend on everything involved with correcting it.

A simple temp fix would be to find and install Ultima Online client version that is lower than I believe 7.0.24 or 23.. that would at least get you going without those issues.
It is because the new Ultima Online has changed the art.mul, gumps.mul, and map#.mul files to *.UOP files, and RunUO has not yet been updated enough for these different type files.
Unless Mark's newest version of RunUO from github has evolved, which I am uncertain.

If no one has more info or help for you here, you may check over at ServUO.com and see what those guys might have to offer you for help.

JelloBiafra-

Sorceror
Razor was up to date, So I got an older client of UO, Mondains legacy patch 4.0 something or other. Runs great with RunUO 2.3

You guys have been a ton of help. It's very difficult to find threads without the search bar working. I've noticed a ton of repeat answers and whatnot. So I'm sorry if I'm being a nuisance by not just scrolling through the threads more.

I'll figure the other little things out on my own. Thank you guys for all the help, not just my thread, but all the hundreds of older threads I've read.

Once my data rolls over I'm going to attempt map editing with centered. So I'm sure I'll be back lol.