RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Client confusion please help.

Raven Devore

Sorceror
I used to have my own server. In the past, it wasn't this difficult. Mondain's Legacy Client isn't working anymore, and the newer ones aren't working with runuo either. I can't even tell what version im patching to on the newer client :( can anyone please point me in the right direction here? I don't even know where to begin to make a uo server anymore.

Raven Devore

Sorceror
I used to have my own server. In the past, it wasn't this difficult. Mondain's Legacy Client isn't working anymore, and the newer ones aren't working with runuo either. I can't even tell what version im patching to on the newer client :( can anyone please point me in the right direction here? I don't even know where to begin to make a uo server anymore.

Edit: Sorry I probably posted this in the wrong place. I am going to post it in the right place now.

Dian

Sorceror
In the link below, a member had written a more current guide to getting a server going. There is some information there that explains briefly about the reasons there are complications these days, with finding the correct client and server combination. There is some clutter discussion too, so just ignore the other pollution.

http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/runuo-guide-step-by-step-from-scratch-for-beginners.536091/

There are a few other threads lingering around too that discuss these issues, and some other references to where to get other Client versions.

The reason you can not patch your game client as you remember, is because the EA games people have replaced that patch system with another one, and no longer patches your client from version to version, instead it will simply patch directly up to the current version. So you can not patch up to a specific client number any longer.. There are many places out there to find and download a specific client version number though, and is the only way to get them now.

Hope that helps, and just continue posting here if you have further issues.