RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nostalgia

Amy-

Sorceror
Wow, RunUO! And an internet forum! I sadly haven't touched UO since 2010, surprised to find this forum still intact. Remembered my password even! What an awesome nostalgia trip. Used to be an admin on Arcodia, if anyone even remembers that. I still have the old server sitting in my basement.
Anyway, can anyone give me some history about what's been going on? I see the forums have a gap from 2014—2021, what happened there? Are shards still on RunUO or what's the hip new server software people are running? Does anyone even play UO anymore?

Last edited:

MadeInQuebec

Staff member
Hybrid and Demise still survive, although under new management.

I think Hybrid has been a little bit abandonned and restarted under the name Invictus. I would say there is still shards that use RunUO, although I would not be surprised if there is another system that also function to emulate Ultima online.

As far as the gap in the forums, there have been a long downtime in the forums from probably the dates you mentionned. Then Ryan have decided to An Corp the forums, and that's where we are since then.

I think there was an intention to restart the project of RunUO, but it hasn't blossomed yet.

There are always new servers opening up, or trying to offer a nostalgic UO experience, I'm certain that with a few google search you can find plenty of shards to play if you ever desire to ;)

Tumeski

Sorceror
I am still alive too, RunUO is back too!? I might be leaking through dimensions or something? But on real note, Ultima Online is still alive and kicking. UOSA (UO Second Age) and Outlands are projects I personally play every now and then, UOSA being the classic, of course.