RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

†Help PLz†

kookoo

Wanderer
†Help PLz†

Ok When I start my shard up it still shows listening 192.xxxxx ip shouldnt show my external ip?
and no one kan connect still idk i got a belkin router i set it up for port forwarding i went into my network and did my ip thing in there just like the thread routers for dummies told me and it still wont work any help? plz

Kenny164

Sorceror
Hello. try these settings:

Computer (shard host) (IP addy: 192.168.1.4 for example):
In the Serverlist.cs file change the address to "192.168.1.4" and keep the port at 2593.
I would give the computer a static ip, not from the DCHP server from the router. Just to make sure it's always gonna match the serverlist.cs file and the router port forwarding settings.
Check you settings using the 'ipconfig' command in the command prompt.

Router (IP addy: 192.168.1.1 probably, external 84.111.111.11 for example):
Forward all traffic (i used TCP and UDP just to make sure) to 192.168.1.4 (shard host) where the port is 2593.

Other stuff:
Whenever a client connects to 84.111.111.11 (sample external IP) on port 2593 the NAT on the router will change these packets automagicly to 192.168.1.4 and send them on to your computer (shard host) and vice-versa.

Check your settings using Open Port Check Tool using 2593 as the port, give it a few minutes before you check seems to take a min or 2 to settle :p

Be sure to tell us how it goes.

kookoo

Wanderer
ok

this is what that site said on the ip check thing

Error: I could not see your service on 72.198.32.222 on port (2593)
Reason: Connection timed out

razzles

Wanderer
kookoo;747023 said:
this is what that site said on the ip check thing

Error: I could not see your service on 72.198.32.222 on port (2593)
Reason: Connection timed out

Your serverlist.cs file needs fixed. See your other thread.

razzles

Wanderer
kookoo;747092 said:
ok but when i do the ip check on that site it should still be able to connect threw port forwarding

Not if the server that would respond isn't listening on the correct IP address.

kookoo

Wanderer
ok but it still says its listening on 127.0.0.1 and 192.168.2.5

it wont do external and no one can connect

Codeus

Wanderer
Have you configured your router to forward port 2593 to your servers IP, 192.168.2.5?
Also, have you configured any firewall that you may have to allow access?