RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

新年快樂 (新年快乐)

mordero

Knight
效汬污ⱬ渠灯桴獩椠瑳汩湥汧獩

(Brought to you by writing in ASCII in notepad and opening it as unicode)

Radwen

Wanderer
Wtf? Seriously ... at least try to make sense? I'm no pro, but at least I'm trying to be coherent in a guai lo way ..

mordero

Knight
did you read the white text?

**prolly doesnt explain it lol, ASCII encoding is different than unicode, so that caues those characters to show up instead of the normal ones when you save in ASCII and then open it as Unicode

mordero

Knight
lol it wasnt supposed to make sense, but ill try to make up for it

*goes to look for a dictionary*

我抱歉

新年好

Peoharen

Sorceror
How do you open things in unicode only?

Win98se here, notepad is always ASCII, my wordpad is unicode sure, but it opens ASCII without errors. (does it come that away or at some point did I update it?)

opening a unicode document with notepad said:
ÿþI c a n n o t f i g u r e o u t h o w t o r e a d i t : (
Look, you can read mine...
(there was three squares, however their the linebreak code.)

‡ çâñ Ðö †h¦§ :þ
…& †h¦§; Ž

¿That count?

Peoharen

Sorceror
I refused to upgrade to ME. Then XP was so shitty I refused to downgrade to it. With Vista out I'm thinking beta testing of XP's done and it's now a decent OS. That and after 8 years or so MS finaly stopped supporting it...

Aside from me hating microsoft's idea of using it's buyers as the beta testers I never had a reason to update the OS it's self. I cannot install express sure, but becuse I did'nt use a editer I learned more working in RunUO.

mordero

Knight
The first true complete rewrite is supposed to be the next release, I think (Vienna) or the one after. Only thing is, is that its support to break support for old programs, which people wont like (but its also supposed to make all unmanaged code run in a sandbox to prevent viruses, etc)