RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[2.0 & 1.0] Console Commands

Carlosos

Wanderer
This is one of the best scripts in a long time.

I got a idea how to advance the script. The option of allowing ssh connection (and maybe telnet) to the server and be able to control the server using those commands. This will be most likley much more complicated but would still be a nice feature :)

Thx for the suggestions everyone! :) Working on the new version now.

To Carlosos - I will take some time to familiarize myself with thoose and see what i can come up with!

Imperior

Wanderer
It would be great to see readline functionality in it. Sth like mysql client has - separate command line with history, not interrupted by console output.

Awsome work!

Well, I have just installed this script on my shard. I have not gotten any errors at all.. So i give it a kick @ss thumbs up.. I love this script(tool) because I have caught staff giving things away as well as selling things to thewre friends for a very very low amount of gold and or tokens...

Thanks for the awsome script work..

Tanis_moonblade said:
Well, I have just installed this script on my shard. I have not gotten any errors at all.. So i give it a kick @ss thumbs up.. I love this script(tool) because I have caught staff giving things away as well as selling things to thewre friends for a very very low amount of gold and or tokens...

Thanks for the awsome script work..

If i get what your saying..you use the broadcast feature to make your staff think your online? Clever :) And thanks again for the words everyone.

Imperior said:
It would be great to see readline functionality in it. Sth like mysql client has - separate command line with history, not interrupted by console output.

Could you explain what you mean a bit more please?

Imperior

Wanderer
I mean if you type 'shut' in the console window, any output will break word ('shutWorld: Saving...done in 0,03 seconds.down')

MySQL client i.e. has separate line at the bottom. If you push up key, it will show previous command. I don't know if that is possible natively from .NET 2.0 . However it would be very PRO having such console functionality in RunUO :D

Carlosos

Wanderer
Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.0, Build 2357.32527
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.42
Time: 6/29/2006 10:31:54 AM
Mobiles: 35978
Items: 178370
Clients:
- Count: 0

Exception:
System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.ValueCollection.Enumerator.MoveNext()
   at Server.StandardSaveStrategy.SaveItems(SaveMetrics metrics)
   at Server.StandardSaveStrategy.Save(SaveMetrics metrics)
   at Server.World.Save(Boolean message)
   at Server.World.Save()
   at Server.Misc.ServerConsole.Next(String input) in i:\games\RunUO-2.0-RC1\Scripts\Custom\CC1.2A.cs:line 80
   at Server.Misc.ServerConsole.ConsoleListen() in i:\games\RunUO-2.0-RC1\Scripts\Custom\CC1.2A.cs:line 50
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

I received this error when I was shuting the server down today using the script and it "destroyed" the save. It could also been a problem with xmlspawner2 because it crashed while saving. After using a backup it worked again without a problem. Just wanted to let you know about the problem.

HomeDaddy

Wanderer
I know what you mean with the line being interupted.. you can be typing a command or message and half way through it displays a message which it simply dumps onto the same line, so you have what you typed with the message jammed on the end, then the rest of what you typed on the next line if you weren't looking at the screen.

The only thing I can say is that even if it interupts what you are typing, it seems to still understand. I have had it do this to me, while typeing a broadcast message, and i just kept typing, and hit enter and it still transmitted the message fine, eventhough I had

broadcast
What would you like to say?
Well everyonWorld: Saving...done in 1.11 seconds.
e I'm off to bed now.

it still broadcast
[Admin] Well everyone I'm off to bed now.

It is disturbing to see but it doesn't seem to have any effect on it functonally.

It would be nice to have the protected 'input line' at the bottom like you suggest, but I think it will be a whole different barrel of fish trying to do it. I could be wrong, I HOPE im wrong, because it would be great if it could be done easily.

HDy

Carlosos

Wanderer
I would think that a GUI is going in the wrong direction because you could also log into the server than using a client where you have a GUI. The advantage of the script is that no extra windows are opened and very fast to do changes to the server.
If you want to create a GUI than you sould make that only optional in my opinion.

Magpie

Wanderer
I really like this script, it's very time saving, thanks for all the hard work.

One thing that might be nice is the option to check and answer pages from the console ;)

mbillig02

Sorceror
Nice script, thanks. I made some changes to the help screen that I think makes it easier to read. It's only my opinion. See attached...

Mark

Attachments

• CC1.2A1.cs
    5.5 KB · Views: 10

Gembone

Wanderer
love this script. I use it for my current 1.0 live server and my 2.0 test server. save me alot of time and effort.