RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[2.0 RC1] S1980 Shard Referral Reward System

Pyro-Tech

Knight
[2.0 RC1] S1980 Shard Referral Reward System

This is taken from the original thread here

All I have done is make it work in RunUO 2.0.....i have not done any modifications passed the latest version Shadow has released. To my knowledge, this is in full working order.

I have quoted the first post in the other thread to make it easy for players to find what they need.

Note, i have commented out a section where i gave an extra reward token for every referall....the idea i had was to give a special kind of token and use raelis vendor stone (which i have also updated for 2.0) where you can also give other items based on the number of referall credits they have....use if you like....just change DarkwindReferrerToken to whatever you call your token/item and your ready to go. it is currently commented out so if you don't do this, you can leave it alone and be fine

Hope you all enjoy this system....i love it on my shard and thank Shadow1980 for releasing it

Shadow1980 said:
Script Name: TellAFriend.cs
Author: Shadow1980
Version: 1.6
Public Release: 17/04/2006
Latest Release: 08/05/2006
Purpose: Automation of Referral Rewards

Description:

Version 1.3
This system allows you to reward players for bringing friends into the shard.
When a new player joins, they receive a gump asking who referred them to the shard. They can then enter the account name of the person in question there.
Once certain configurable conditions are met, the referrer will receive a reward.
By Default, the new player has 7 days to enter the account of the person who referred him/her to the shard. The same timespan has to be passed before the reward system checks if somebody should receive a reward.
Once both the referrer *and* the new player have spent a minimal amount of time in-game ( 120 hours by default ) the referrer will receive a reward if both the new player and the referrer have logged in during the last x days. ( By default 7 )

Version 1.4
* Removed all mention of Account Name of other player in the gumps.
* Added the option in the gump to target a player character as referrer rather then just adding the Account Name.
Entering the Account Name remains an option for players who don't mind giving this to actual friends. People who want either of the options (entering account name or targeting) out of the gump can easely comment out the lines in question on the gump.

Version 1.5
* Updated to support rewards for multiple referrals at once. If a player now brings multiple friends into the shard who all name him/her as referrer, the player will receive a reward for each and every one of them. (Once the set conditions are met.)
Thanks to snicker7 for the Suggestion and for Providing a good way of doing this.

Version 1.6
* Updated to fix a crash issue.
Thanks to Sunshine and Xar for their debug crash report.

Everything is handled on login, so to receive a reward for a referral both accounts have to remain active. The system was designed to reward active players only.

Please note only the referrer receives a reward, but you can easely give a reward to the new player as well.
To do this, uncomment lines 71 and 72. The reward can be found at line 251. Please modify the reward as you see fit, the rest of the script is to remain 'as is'.

Please feel free to make suggestions, though I don't make any promises that any will be implemented.

Installation: Put TellAFriend.cs in your \RunUO 1.0\Custom\ folder.

No distro file edits required.

Attachments

• TellAFriendRUO2.cs
    9.6 KB · Views: 360