RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[2.0 RC1] Vhaerun's Advanced Cartography 2.0

Vhaerun

Sorceror
[2.0 RC1] Vhaerun's Advanced Cartography 2.0

Vhaerun's Advanced Cartography 2.0

Here it is, the update for Advanced Cartography. It takes the original AC and adds on a couple new things. First, it includes an updated sextant that works with the AC system. Second, it included a brand new type of treasure map hunting that allows shard admins to make their own modifications including what treasure is found and how difficult it is to recover.

Advanced Cartography 1.0 Beta can be found here: http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-...uo-2-0-rc1-advanced-cartography-1-0-beta.html

THE BASICS

Advanced Cartography was designed to help custom maps with treasure map hunting without having to create and alter the files necessary to view the actual treasure maps in the client. Instead of showing a black and white/yellow image, it gives coordinates in ( X, Y ) form to the location of the treasure chest. The only thing that would need to be altered for a custom map shard is the "treasure.cfg" file in your Data folder for the locations.

Using the included Cartographer's Sextant gives the ( X, Y ) coordinates now instead of the longitude and latitude, so the use of UOAM isn't necessary, though it still may help.

MESSAGE CARTOGRAPHY

This is a brand new cartography system. Basically, what it does is work like both a treasure map and a SOS. You find a parchment message and decode it using cartography, and receive a treasure message that looks similar to a treasure map.

Then you just read the treasure message. It gives you coordinates and a little message. The message crumbles to dust and at the same time, a random monster is spawned at a location randomly chosen using "treasure.cfg". A wooden treasure chest (locked and sometimes trapped) is placed in the random monster's inventory. The trick is to track down the monster and kill it to receive the treasure.

An added plus to this system is the wooden treasure chest is an independent item, and takes just a little bit of scripting knowledge to add things to it. You can make it as cheap or as profitable as you wish. You can also choose which monsters you want to have randomly spawned rather easily as well.

To choose which monsters you want to have spawned, open TreasureMessage.cs and go to line 141:

Code:
			switch ( Utility.Random( 4 ) )
			{
				default:
				case 0: spawn = new Lich(); break;
				case 1: spawn = new Skeleton(); break;
				case 2: spawn = new Mongbat(); break;
				case 3: spawn = new Troll(); break;
			}

If, for example, you want to add a dragon to this list, you would just do this:

Code:
			switch ( Utility.Random( 5 ) )
			{
				default:
				case 0: spawn = new Lich(); break;
				case 1: spawn = new Skeleton(); break;
				case 2: spawn = new Mongbat(); break;
				case 3: spawn = new Troll(); break;
				case 4: spawn = new Dragon(); break;
			}

If you have a question as to how to add something to anything (treasure chest, spawning chance, etc), just let me know.

Other Little Things​

I've included a vendor mobile (cartographer) that sells the cartographer's sextant while removing the pith/pressed papyrus/book/blank scroll crafting for ease of install.

As usual, I've included more than one download here.

Vhaerun's Advanced Cartography 2.0 - Recommended for custom map shards. Includes modifications to TreasureMap.cs and DefCartography.cs, and the ability to treasure hunt on a custom map with little alterations.

Vhaerun's Message Cartography - For anyone. This requires no distribution modifications. Plug and play.

Notes...

* The fact the treasure message is removed when it is used is by design. It is not a bug. It is set up that way because I could not figure a way to use it just once and not have it keep respawning monsters.

* I don't believe the "level" system used in the treasure maps is inherited, nor am I sure I could do it, the way I've scripted the system. After this, I am script-pooped.

* With taking into the above into account, it is possible to modify the base cartography skill needed to decode the parchment messages. Just look around line 98 in ParchmentMessage.cs.

* If someone wants, I will share my modified Loot.cs and LootPack.cs to help give people an idea for what to do to add treasure map pieces and parchment messages to random loot packages.

* As always, any bugs/suggestions/ideas/etc, please post here! :)

Attachments

• Vhaerun's Advanced Cartography 2.0.rar
    17.6 KB · Views: 309
  • Vhaerun's Message Cartography.rar
    6.4 KB · Views: 258

Pyro-Tech

Knight
cool system....definatly a big help

how do you edit basic cartography messages to begin with?? I always wondered how that would work with a custom map

Vhaerun

Sorceror
You mean with the mini-maps that cartography normally uses? I believe there are some special graphic files that are used that need to be replaced/altered. I did some checking into it a few years ago...

If I remember right, you needed a special type of graphics editing program that worked with that specific type of file type. I hadn't heard of either. Then you have to edit the scripts to accept the new graphics. What I had learned was that it seemed to be a huge pain in the ass... much more than I was willing to deal with.

Thus, I created Advanced Cartography ;)

Tru

Knight
I tried to add a Cartographer and my shard simply shuts down no crash or anything. Looking at the script you have:

In Cartographer.cs
Code:
m_SBInfos.Add( new Cartographer() );

I changed it to:
Code:
m_SBInfos.Add( new SBCartographer() );

All appears fine now...just an FYI.

Btw I downloaded the nomod version

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Yeah, I noticed it last night. I'm doing updates for this one and a couple other system scripts I've released lately. Thank you. :)

a different problem i have found
they are spawning at z 0 no matter what - so that can mean in the ground, below ground, etc

i am using the "stand alone" one

there is no check for a valid z location
or for it to fix it - so many many monsters are never seen

and here is a possible fix for it - i have not fully tested - but it was taken from a different script that spawned stuff with only a 2d location

replace: (in treasuremessage)
Code:
			spawn.MoveToWorld( new Point3D( x, y, 0 ), map );

to this:

Code:
			if ( map.CanSpawnMobile( x, y, 0 ) )
			{
				spawn.MoveToWorld( new Point3D( x, y, 0 ), map );
			}
			else
			{
				int z = map.GetAverageZ( x, y );
				if ( map.CanSpawnMobile( x, y, z ) )
				{
					spawn.MoveToWorld( new Point3D( x, y, z ), map );
				}
				else if ( map.CanSpawnMobile( x, y, z+10 ) )
				{
					spawn.MoveToWorld( new Point3D( x, y, z+10 ), map );
				}
				else if ( map.CanSpawnMobile( x+1, y+1, z ) )
				{
					spawn.MoveToWorld( new Point3D( x+1, y+1, z ), map );
				}
				else if ( map.CanSpawnMobile( x+1, y+1, z+10 ) )
				{
					spawn.MoveToWorld( new Point3D( x+1, y+1, z+10 ), map );
				}
				else
				{
					spawn.MoveToWorld( new Point3D( x, y, 100 ), map );
				}
			}

yes i went a little over kill on finding places - but i wanted to make sure it could go - i have having monsters unacounted for - and some of the treasure map places were behind trees, etc and some places might not have been spawnable

might want to ad in an other else if to remove the spawn if it could not (and then a check to make sure not null before adding chest

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Ah. I figured there could be a problem with the Z, but the only time it happened on my custom map was in a mountain, before I had changed the treasure.cfg file.

Thanks for the pointers and the idea of the remove spawn if unable to. I'm going to get that in.

also an other idea for ya too

for the stand alone one at least

change it from using treasure.cfg to treasure2.cfg - and just copy the file to 2 or make new one up

this way they are not spawning in the same spot and the normal chests do, and they can custominze it all they want and not have to mess with the main treasure files - so they can have both systems running :)

i did that and it works great!!!

Vhaerun

Sorceror
I should just start running my ideas past you first. Seems like my ideas always end up two hundred percent better after you've gotten your hands on it ;)

well i also figured out how to make them have levels too :eek:

let me know and i can send you my changes - but they are not "usable" as they are for other shards - i tweaked them for mine (well monsters anyways)
but yea - 6 levels of "maps" with stronger monsters for the better chests - and the chests are level based also - i love to tweak other scripts for my use - that way - people may say - well it was this way there - and i reply - well that was there - this is here :cool:
but was not really much to change it to level based, and does add a lot to it
but you came up with the origional idea!!!!! and that is the biggest and hardest step there is :D

Vhaerun

Sorceror
Well, the original idea was to have levels of each chest, and the level determine the monster, but as I was basically trying to combine two scripts that used different locations and settings, I had to let that go at first to get it to work. ;)

I don't mind any of my scripts being added to or improved on (which is what I would call adding levels and such). Just makes the scripts that much better... if you want to post or email me the scripts, I'd place them in the top post to give others the opportunity to get your enhanced version.

i will post them here - along with the "monster" also i made for it, and i will explain a little how it works, so people can tweak it to match their shard
i am only post the 3 files that are needed to be replaced with it

i have made 6 levels - each level is basicaly a spread of 400 "points" beginingwith level 1 at 100-500 points and level 6 at 2100 to 2500 points
the monster can be 25 levels (1 extra in there) and basicaly matches up to the amount above divided by 100 rounded down (so 1-24) and can take on many bodies and many hues - but the level is where its power comes from
so level 1 chest is caried by a level 1-4 monster, level 2 by a level 5-8, etc
this adds some randomness to them
They also have a deamon name and the name treasure eater
they also pack their own loot besides the chest

most of those can be adjusted easiely - formula for level conversions - need to be good at math for ;)

the treasure itself, has been modified to have chances based on level to add in random gems, reagents and scrolls - and gold of course - basicaly 25% chance for them to even be in there per 1/2 level - it is a little more complex than that but there is from 1 to 10 chances based on the "amount"

then for a magical item there is a 10% chance per loot chance

this makes it so the chest will average out to match the power of the monster, but because of randomness, can be crappy or great also

of course all of these numbers can be modified and or remove with ease - they are straight chances listed in the chest script

use, mutalate, spindle or disreguard as you see fit to guys ;)

also included is a "highwayman captain" - or head theif that fdrops the message, in case you want to use or abuse him also :eek:

Attachments

• Message Cartography - modded for levels.zip
    7.1 KB · Views: 112

45º tan

Wanderer
exist the posibility of in the area of treasure not appears a monster and need mining for search ?
with the map in the chest paragon? and the npc drop map?. i need change the script one by one for use this system, no?

or more easly where in treassuremap.cs of runuo i can put a gump with the location? and remove the grapfic with my the problem?

My problem
http://www.runuo.com/forums/script-support/85553-treasure-map.html

This is a question, but i try in my house of running this. if you know and can help me I would be run thankful.

jamesreg

Sorceror
Silly question does this replace the existing treasure map system or work in cojunction with it? can you have this system and regular maps you have to go dig up as well?

Rhionnan

Sorceror
jamesreg;734775 said:
Silly question does this replace the existing treasure map system or work in cojunction with it? can you have this system and regular maps you have to go dig up as well?

This will run in conjuntion with it, however I liked it so much i removed the existing system.

Rhionnan

Sorceror
Another great script by you, thank you so very much, I think I have all your systems on my shard. keep up the great work. +Karma for you