RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[2.2]MySQL reader/writer alternative.

Bittiez

Sorceror
I've begun a project(it's functional now) to add an alternative to RunUO's reader and writer for (de)serialization. Right now it supports writing/reading strings, int, datetime, ipaddress, and timespan.

Ill be adding more readers/writers over time until it is up to par with runuo's reader/writer.

If anyone fluent in C# wants to help me write these read/write functions please shoot me a pm.

Instructions on setup are located here. Instructions for basic first use are located here.

The google code project page is located here.

svn check out:
Code:
http://mysql-read-write-saver.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

Or browse the files here.

If I'm breaking any rules by posting the project url then please delete this post.

Anyways, instructions are included, if you find any issues please use the project page, any other questions can be answered here.

Please remember this is in its beginning stages and many things will be changed/added as we go, enjoy!

P.S. I would really appreciate some help as there are a lot of methods that need to be written, but I need someone semi-fluent in C# to help, send me a pm if you feel you could/want to help!

*Updates*

-Added Uint
-Added Long
-Added Decimal
-Added Timespan
-Added Int
-Added Ipaddress
-Added Datetime
-Added String
-Added Short
-Added Ushort
-Added Double

_Epila_

Sorceror
Porting RunUO saves to MySQL is a great achievement, however the main advantage of having a MySQL save, is the fact you do not need to pause the server, serialize then resume and you do not need to care about time warp, you just need no build a solid table(s) format. "(De)Serializing to MySQL" may have an increase on save time, which is not good.
But the other side of the coin, points to an easy way to share data between server and web site, mostly the cases when there is just an integer to be shared or an isolated data.

This is a great work, just don't forget to tell the others to point MySql.Data.dll to their data/Assemblies.cfg, otherwise the code will not compile :p

Bittiez

Sorceror
I imagine (De)Serializing to MySQL would be much faster than writing to a file(like runuo does).. And I did include the data/assemblies.cfg info in the wiki for first install :)

Bittiez

Sorceror
That's where I got my idea from, but my method is much easier to incorporate, and my script is(currently) only for values needing to be saved/loaded on deserialize and serialize, not everything =/