RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 weapons figthing

Pheyte

Wanderer
2 weapons figthing

There was a bug before about wearing 2 weapons at same times, and it has been fixed;
But can it be an option (or something like see) allowing us to script two weapons fighting

SickLab

Wanderer
2 Weapon in the same hand,

that was the bug,

if you want two weapon, in each hand, you will have a lot of graphique to do including:

- Weapon animation
- Gump graphic

R

Rainman

Actually you wouldn't have to change the animation at all. a decent amount of weapons use alternative hands.

You will however have to change the gumps. I little known secret i've been keeping in my locked box of ideas is to edit the shield graphic to a reversed katana :)

All you would have to do now is make code changes.

Falkarma

Wanderer
But, as Sicklab said, if you want to be very nice, you create the 175 animation frame for the sword in the second hand. It's far too easy to only edit a gump.

*stay tune for update*

R

Rainman

"if you want to be very nice, you create the 175 animation frame for the sword in the second hand."

Thats not needed, run uox and put 2 swords in 1 hand and you will see what im talking about.

Falkarma

Wanderer
Well, I actualy don't see what you are talking about. Can you give me some details.

I have never seen any graphic for the left hand for any sword in the 2D client. Are you talking about the 3D client?

Pheyte

Wanderer
no Falkarma
he talks about graphics in the game themself:
when we equip on the paperdoll a weapon and after another weapon, the player is then equiped with two weapons. So on the paperdoll we see two weapons in the same hand; but in game the players is equiped with two weapons.

X

Xoduz

Hm... I'm ALMOST certain the above statement is wrong (that client shows anims with one sword in each hand). I have not seen that ever, neither in 2D nor 3D client.

If nevertheless the statement is true - then I'd very much like to know the course of action required to make it happen.

R

Rainman

download a previous version of lonewolf. Start up and and try it out.

K

Krazy_zack

Hm... I'm ALMOST certain the above statement is wrong (that client shows anims with one sword in each hand). I have not seen that ever, neither in 2D nor 3D client.

WRONG:

This is very simple to acomplish with sphere...

You just create a wep with the proper ID and then set it's type to T_SHIELD...

The client does the math and equips it in the off hand....

Unfortunatly (like has been mentioned before in this thread) there is NO gump for the paperdoll showing the wep in the off (ie shield) hand so they both show up in the wep hand...

Falkarma

Wanderer
Ohhh, this is what I tought, well, it not quite a "beatifull" way to do it. And this limits to weapon with animations alrealy in the second hand. What I was talking about is:

I'm working on my sword animation for the second hand.

And for the gump of the axe, it would take something like 1 hour or two to switch weapon from left to right hand for ALL the gump of the axes and items that alrealy have their animation in the second hand. Using MulBuilder and PSP.

C

Chaos

Falkarma, that is COOOOOOOOOOOL

Dexers just became even more dangerous!

Imagine on OSI, 1 hand with an axe of vanq, 1 hand with a katana of vanq.

Now imagine 125 dex 80 str and 20 int

SCHWAK.

LOL

A

AlejandroX

And we all know how easy it is to wield a 40 pound sword in each hand. :D

S

Sum Yung Guy

AlejandroX said:
And we all know how easy it is to wield a 40 pound sword in each hand. :D
Id weild 2 daggers instead and wear all black and pretend to be a ninja

K

Krazy_zack

One word AlejandroX:

F A N T A S Y

...besides everybody knows magic weps are lighter than normal weps....

welllll

well basically i just have to say something here. i was playing on a lonewolf shard and i acidently had two weapons in my hands. in the paperdoll it showed both weapons in my right hand(weapon hand) but in the game it showed me weilding two weapons. it looked kool as hell!!!!!
and i agree that would be a nice addition if players had the option of equipping two weapons but I personally would make it to where they had to have a certain amount of dex to do it. say 100 dex. but i have seen it happen first hand told the gm about it tho and now i can't do it on thier shard anymore lol. cause it DID allow me the damage benifits of both weapons lol.i used a gold axe and a silver katana of vanq when i did that by the way.i tried different weapons before i told the gm and i couldnt get two of the same sword in my hands :( but anyway it would be a nicec addition to have if the admin wants.