RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2D Client Item and Spell hotbars for RunUO 2.0 or 2.1

Tresdni

Squire
Just incase you didn't realize this (really trying to not be a smart ass lol - just hate to see someone waste 100 hours for nothing) - spells are already drag and drop from the books...just make a bar out of them if thats what you want haha.

tass23

Page
Tresdni said:
Just incase you didn't realize this (really trying to not be a smart ass lol - just hate to see someone waste 100 hours for nothing) - spells are already drag and drop from the books...just make a bar out of them if thats what you want haha.

Yeah, I know this, but what sucks about the current way they work now is, you can't lock the spell icons in place. I don't know about the rest of you, but one thing I can't stand is when you're fighting something and each time you click a spell, the icon moves, just a tad more. Grrr. Making the spell icons single click cast would be best as well. So what I'm thinking is something similar to A Li N's Complete Spell System. (http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/acc-complete-spell-system.94891/)

Nockar

Sorceror
Yeah, I know this, but what sucks about the current way they work now is, you can't lock the spell icons in place. I don't know about the rest of you, but one thing I can't stand is when you're fighting something and each time you click a spell, the icon moves, just a tad more. Grrr. Making the spell icons single click cast would be best as well. So what I'm thinking is something similar to A Li N's Complete Spell System. (http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/acc-complete-spell-system.94891/)

I agree compleatly.

tass23

Page
I have dumped the gumps I was working...I'm almost convinced now that A Li N's Complete Spells system can be altered to accomplish this. I just don't have time to do it, unfortunately.

jamesreg

Sorceror
ABCUO has item, equiptment and spell toolbars are they part of this community scripts or a private scripts for them I would love to have them. Anyone know if they are in the archive i been looking havent found them.

tass23

Page
Ivo won't give them over. I've already spoken to him about buying them from him and he banned me from his forums and his shard.
At some point, I'll get around to really looking into this. I still think the easiest thing to do would be to alter the code for the enhanced client to be compatible with the 2D client, since the enhanced client already has the hotbars.

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
A spell toolbar would be rather easy, can't believe one hasn't been done and released to the community.

Although I don't quite understand what good an item/equipment toolbar would be, never been on ABCUO...so don't know what you're talking about.

tass23

Page
Well, if you don't use a system like ACC, the spell hot bar keeps your icons from moving around and the item hotbar sllows you to drag an item into a quicklaunch type slot. Single click for whatever, like drinking a potion for example. You could drag one health potion to your hotbar and have 50 in your bag and that potion in the hotbar would use the 50 in your bag.

jamesreg

Sorceror
yeah I kinda got hooked on these bars playing on ABC

The item bar like Tass23 says allows you to lock items into a quick launch bar I put for example bandages, potions, crafting tools commonly used items in it and it will recognize that item and if i have it in my pack will use it when i click on it. quick launch for your back pack items basically.

the equiptment one is cool to as it allows you to put items you can equip such as weapons, armor, clothing, spell books etc into quick launch and allow you to quickly equipt/unequipt such items. great for quickly re-equipting a weapon after casting, or slayer spell books, or even changing clothes fast for whatever reason.

I have to say after using these tool bars im kind of lost without them.

Someone whos interested in this system should try out abc they tool bars are given in back pack as newbie item so is easy to log on and check them out real fast.
These would be great additions to the community hint hint lol.

if I knew enough to script right now I would work on them. heres a sceenshot

Vorspire

Knight
Funny you should bring this up, I've been working on a toolbar that supports everything from Say, Emote, Links, Commands, etc and can be expanded to support other clickable button acctions by creating new IToolbarEntry classes - supported by my SuperGumps framework and comes complete with dialogs and emulated context-menu's - another Module to be released with VitaNexCore
The Toolbar is based on the design interface implemented by Joeku in his toolbar - but the code is completely developed by myself.

nikkor1132

Sorceror
Some one released something like a tool bar but it is for spells Here but necro don't work the mage and chiv dos those were the only ones made of course. Not to trying to bring back a old forum but just ran into it figured maybe some one here could make use of it.