RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3D Models and Animations

Psyny

Wanderer
3D Models and Animations

Hello,

Its possible to add new models or animations to UO3D ? I have some 3d Modeling experience... but i dont know the tools that i will need to use to add thoose models to Ultima Online 3D. Someone can help me ?

Jeff

Lord
Psyny said:
Hello,

Its possible to add new models or animations to UO3D ? I have some 3d Modeling experience... but i dont know the tools that i will need to use to add thoose models to Ultima Online 3D. Someone can help me ?
It is possible, there are some sites out there that have done it, but the 3d client is such a piece of **** that there is not alot of knowledge or support for it.

SiENcE

Sorceror
hi,

visit our Iris UO-3D-Client Project and Download the Developer-Framework.
There is a program included "Grannyviewer" where you can view nearly every 3D Model (with clothes) in UO. A newer version also Exports this grn Models to SMD.
These Models you can Edit with any 3D Modeller.
The last problem is, that there is no Import or Converter back from SMD->grn. If you find an experienced coder, it should be no Problem to code it. The Grannyviewer and the grn loader code is OpenSource.

greets
SiENcE^Iris Team