RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3rd Party Clients?

elysianhero

Sorceror
I recently started playing on a custom freeshard, and I've been away from UO a few years. Because the client is so dated, I have begun looking for other options. I tried out Iris, a really amazing client, but it was unfortunately too buggy to use as my a replacement client, in either 2d or 3d. Someone mentioned Palanthir, but I was unfortunately unable to get it to work. I've also tried to use the new UOSA Enhanced Client, but the UOSA loader that's available doesn't do anything with encryption, and I haven't been able find out how to decrypt it or get it to connect to the shard.

My question is this: are there any other 3rd party clients out there that people use? "fluorescence" is one I saw that looks like it's not very developed yet, and then there's "ultimaxna", but it too doesn't seem to be very full featured. Could anyone provide me some insight on the matter?

ft2085267

Sorceror
hi, I have been concerned about the third-party clients, the most interesting is "silverlight-uo-client", if it is successful, it would be a wonderful thing, but he seems to have been abandoned.
"Fluorescent" Although it is just beginning, but I think he will be good in the future,

Most third-party client because of architecture issues, leading to the final can not go on, and someone said so.
My English is very bad, I hope you can understand, I'm sorry.

elysianhero

Sorceror
Wow, this client does look great. Unfortunately, I can't get it to connect to the server I play I, so I can't test it. But I will be checking on this as time goes on. Thanks for the help!

KonssnoK

Sorceror
To use encryption with UOSA client i suggest you to check RavenTUS post about how to implement encryption!

elysianhero

Sorceror
Thanks. I will, but the server I play on uses the usual 2d client, probably circa AoS. Still, it could be related!

Tissemand

Squire
I've been working on a 3rd party client for the past few weeks written in Javascript for web browsers that support HTML5 (in particular, canvas and websockets). It's probably about 30% done from being anywhere near something playable. I still have a masssssive to-do list that just keeps getting longer by the day.

If you know javascript pretty well, feel free to contact me! :3