RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.0.3b Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kair

Wanderer
4.0.3b Patch

New Patch: 4.0.3b
Date: June 15, 2004
Changes: client.exe

config:
40CE72EA: "4.0.3b 2D" 41AEF0 5 1 41B020 7 6 ;Kair / 15 Jun 2004 Tested
40CE720E: "4.0.3b 3D" 487482 6 1 4875C0 2 6 ;Kair / 16 Jun 2004 Tested

keys are the same as other 4.0.3x clients:

0x2EBBB7CD
0xA2495E7F

The reason for this patch has not yet been posted at UO or Stratics.

Prozac

Sorceror
Hmm.. I had a couple players that said they couldn't get past connecting on my shard, and I got the patch to see if that was the problem, and it is. It instantly crashed the client for me if opened with Razor, then it also wouldn't allow me past connecting. Anyone else experience these problems, and if so, find a cure as of yet?

psz

Administrator
It does not seem to be compatible with the current version of UOGateway (4.0.3a was).

People are getting stuck at the "Connecting..." screen.

Kair

Wanderer
psz said:
It does not seem to be compatible with the current version of UOGateway (4.0.3a was).

People are getting stuck at the "Connecting..." screen.

That's probably it. I use UORICE and I can login fine.

psz

Administrator
Razor is also, apparently, having problems.

KUOC is, of course, still usable.

Mifune

Sorceror
Ok, here's the lowdown.

Users can still connect to shards that require encryption to be removed by using UO Rice. However, users will have to manually edit the login.cfg file in the UO directory, in order to make it point to the shard that you want to play. Shard admins, you may have to show your players how to edit login.cfg so that the client logs into the correct url and port.

If you want to stop UOPatch from running, then download this Dummy UOPatch, backup uopatch.exe in your UO directory (I would just place it in a folder named "backup" in your UO directory), and place the dummy uopatch.exe in your UO directory. If you want UOPatch to work again, simply place the original uopatch.exe back in the UO directory.

mr_wuss

Wanderer
because osi changed encryption keys would be My first assumption.

As far as dummy uopatch, how about not downloading patches?
UOG starts uo, no need to let it do it itself

Kevin18012

Wanderer
Well obviously found out why I cant or any of my players cant connect to my Server.... but OSI to? I cant get on OSI or Gateway Servers... anyone else have prob with OSI?

Kair

Wanderer
mr_wuss said:

The login encryption keys are the same. It was a pretty large patch...maybe they change the gameplay encryption method? The gameplay encryption is out of my area of expertise, so I can't comment. It would be unlikely for this to have happened, but I guess it is a possibility. If it was true though, I wonder why UORICE didn't fuss about it. Also, if they changed encryption methods I would expect the physical changes to be larger than what they are.

As for OSI, I'm having no problems connecting.

HellRazor

Knight
mr_wuss said:

The strange thing is, both UOGateway and UORice bypass the encryption routines entirely. The only difference with UOGateway is that it performs the function in memory instead of producing a patched client.

As they function similarly, it's kind of weird that UORice works and UOGateway doesn't.

Mifune

Sorceror
mr_wuss said:

The problem is in the client patch 4.0.3b, so if you don't patch to that, then UOGateway and Razor should work fine. If you already have patched though, then you're screwed, unless you can find someone who still has 4.0.3a or earlier.

If someone still has client 4.0.3a, please ICQ me, or email me, and tell me how I can get it from you. I'm going to host it for people who want to go back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.