RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Copy/Paste would be handy

mark01970

Wanderer
A Copy/Paste would be handy

Today I was trying to add a PvP arena to my shard, and after spending over an hour building and decorating the structure itself, I discovered that even with the "region controller" script, you can not allow PvP on the Trammel map. (well I couldn't get it to be allowed at least). So I thought I need to move the entire structure over to Felluca. Well, the only choice is that I have to wipe the one I made on Trammel and re-do it on Felluca I guess.

That's when I thought to myself, wouldn't it be handy if there was a copy and paste option where you could set a bounding box around anything you have built on the shard and copy and paste everything in the box to another location/map. just have it basically grab everything in the box that isn't static, store it in an array and then just paste it somewhere else.

I don't know if this is really a good modification suggestion or if this would be better off done as a script maybe. Unfortunately I am still teaching myself C# and Scripting so this is beyond my capabilities at this point.

Does anyone else think this would be good to have? Just to be able to up and move your custom built player lounge from one area to make room for a larger dungeon, etc.

Mark
aKa Spadanera
The Unexpected Shard

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
you can not allow PvP on the Trammel map.

This is false, you can enable PvP on the Trammel map, its just a matter of knowing what to modify.

This feature already exists, called looping through every Item and creating a new Item of the same type on another map.

mark01970

Wanderer
Using the [area set map would copy it to the same exact coordinates on the felluca map, right? I was thinking though, that it would be really handy to be able to just up and move it anywhere you want.

This feature already exists, called looping through every Item and creating a new Item of the same type on another map.

I am not sure I am following you with that? What feature is this?

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
mark01970 said:
Using the [area set map would copy it to the same exact coordinates on the felluca map, right? I was thinking though, that it would be really handy to be able to just up and move it anywhere you want.

I am not sure I am following you with that? What feature is this?

Your dealing with the client, how exactly do you suggest, your limited to the client. The command that was given, is how you would do it, it wouldn't copy it just move it.

The feature is called a "for" loop it exists within the .NET Framework :D

zetamine

Sorceror
As far as the "loop" procedure, I have no idea, and I'm sure Phantom knows much more than me, but if you wish to leave it in trammel, you could just go into MapDefinition.cs ( I believe) and change where it says TrammelRules to Felucca Rules. You can just copy and paste the wording next from the ruleset from Felucca. The same thing can be done for any other facet. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, I'm at work, if you need more details, please reply and I'll give you a better explanation when I get home. I'm a novice myself, but I know it's always nice to get some easy help, that you can actually understand.

milt

Knight
One of the best methods that I have discovered for moving large things like this is actually not too hard.

Here's how I do it:

1. Go to your arena, building, structure, or whatever you built.
2. Find the topmost corner, which I beleive is NorthWest.
3. Do a "[get location" command on the topmost corner.
4. Record the location.
5. Go to the place that you would like to move the structure to, and find the topmost corner, get the location and record it.
6. Next, open up the Windows Calculator (or whatever your preference is...) and get the difference of the X's and Y's.
7. You then can execute "[group inc x <xdif> y <ydif>" where xdif and ydif would be the differences of the X's and Y's.
8. Make your bounding box of your arena, and it will automatically shoot over to where you would like it to go.

This is the method I use, and it works pretty good. I would recommend practicing this on something else before you try something really big, as if you do something wrong, you can mess all of your hard work up.

Not a bad idea for the copy/paste command, it wouldn't be hard at all to create. I might just make this for fun if I get a little time, although the proccess in doing it isn't really that hard.

Hope that helps!

Solinari555

Wanderer
If you static it to the map for felucca it also statics into Tram. I find this useful for making Instances, creating cpoies of a dungeon in every available map and then setting items that only allow in a certain amount of ppl at once. Very useful if you know just how to static items to a map with the [freeze command. There's ingame instructions.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
heh...the undo command would be somewhat involved, and probably only go back one or two levels...

I also wanted to make a "clipboard" for RunUO...that wouldn't be too hard, actually.

Solinari555

Wanderer
oooooh the Undo command is a possibility... Just set an EventSink for when someone uses a command to log what kind of command it is in XML and what it effects, and set Undo to where it can go back like 3 or 4 logs... I'm going to start work on that one, it's a cool idea.

Kamron

Knight
What if you deleted all of the spawners in your shard on accident? Undoing that would be the biggest pain in the ass, especially if a save happens right after. The reason is becuase the memory is not freed right when you delete it, but after a save, it is garbage collected. Because of this, undeleting stuff would mean saving it to a new location, meaning until you clear the undo cache, you could have double of your whole shard (potentially).

Kamron

Knight
Solinari555 said:
If you static it to the map for felucca it also statics into Tram. I find this useful for making Instances, creating cpoies of a dungeon in every available map and then setting items that only allow in a certain amount of ppl at once. Very useful if you know just how to static items to a map with the [freeze command. There's ingame instructions.

The BEST way of making instances is to use Jakob's script (with many modifications of course), and turn your structure into a multi, and then add the structure to each instance of whatever you wanted.

here is the best and easy way

go get addon gen

turn your areana into a addon in sections and use the deeds to replace it in felucca

some advice

Make sure you know what location you are in when making such things so never have this problem again.

XxSP1DERxX said:
The reason is becuase the memory is not freed right when you delete it, but after a save, it is garbage collected.

Really?

Open your Spawner.cs and add this:

Code:
        ~Spawner()
        {
            Console.WriteLine("GC collection of Spawner");
        }

[Add spawner
[Delete
[Save

Tell me what shows up on the console.

Kamron

Knight
TheOutkastDev said:
Really?

Open your Spawner.cs and add this:

Code:
        ~Spawner()
        {
            Console.WriteLine("GC collection of Spawner");
        }

[Add spawner
[Delete
[Save

Tell me what shows up on the console.

I am going by what I saw in the code... because the Delete function does not execute the Dispose function, or destructor of the object. I could be wrong, but I thought thats how it worked. I will look over it again.

XxSP1DERxX said:
I am going by what I saw in the code... because the Delete function does not execute the Dispose function, or destructor of the object. I could be wrong, but I thought thats how it worked. I will look over it again.

Correct. Deleting an item removes it from the world; however even on world save, deleted items are not freed from memory which is contrary to what you originally asserted.

dangan10511

Wanderer
ok guys the very best way for this is a tool called uo architect your able to download it from http://www.orbsydia.ca/ its very easy to use there actually a video on how to install and use but your able to add towns buildings dungeons whatever you need in a click and delete it or move it up down all around you can save whole towns youve made and build them on maybe your friends shard anything you need for moving and adding buildings is in this tool