RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A dragon11 problem?

Ghostwyren

Wanderer
A dragon11 problem?

Alright so when I draw my map with Adobe photoshop, I throw it into dragon and when i put it on my actual map. The north and west coasts are all jagged. I mean I can live with this since you cant really see the coast lines etc. But is there a way to make it not look so bad?

HellRazor

Knight
That doesn't answer his question.

One problem might be that Dragon does not support 3-way transitions, which can affect some corners. You will probably need to touch up those areas manually using a direct edit program like Worldmaker or Worldforge.

If it is more than just corners (like an entire coastline), make sure that your coastlines are allowing at least 3 pixels before going up or down. If you have 1-pixel or 2-pixel "Jaggies" it can cause bad transitions.

Ghostwyren

Wanderer
I'll prob just give the worldforge a shot. But as to answer your question. Its EVERY coast line on the north/west sides of all my islands that look jagged.
Heres a pic of what im talking about. If you look past the little fix i thought i would try and make you can see the jaggid corners. Its like that the whole way. I just tried to place those corner pieces in game to see if it would fix it.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l159/Ghostwyren/tempfix.jpg

HellRazor

Knight
It looks like those corners are only 1 tile on each side. Make them 3 tiles or more long. Dragon needs at least 3 tiles to make a proper transition.

Also keep in mind that Dragon can't do NW corners properly. Its a limitation of the way Dragon works, it does not support 3-way transitions and can't do NW corners properly. Those you need to fix manually. But see here for a way to manually fix your NW corners by lowering the terrain tiles (the screenshots are missing but hopefully you get an idea of what he means):

Ryandor.com :: View topic - Tweaking Mod11 coastlines in Worldforge

Here's another post of someone else that seemed to have a similar issue with Mod 11. I'm not sure if it was a problem with Mod 11 or one of the two issues I just mentioned above.

Ryandor.com :: View topic - Coastlines problems in Dragon. Already checked posts..

Before doing anything drastic like starting over, try making those corners 3 tiles in each direction, and then try the trick in the first link for any remaining issues with NW corners. It looks like all those corners in your screenshot are NW corners.