RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A few simple questions

Unred

Sorceror
I am fairly new to the RunUO coding scene and have been trying to learn. I play a ton on Hybrid and love how it is back to the Publish 15/16 days. There are many qualities of Hybrid I would like to implement into my server that should be fairly simple but I have been looking through the scripts, searching endlessly on the forums for answers (possibly not wording it correctly?) and have ended up with nothing.

I started working on my own and would like to know how I can change what should be a few simple things to get the ball rolling and looking where I need to. I would honestly love to get my server geared fully toward Publish 15/16 if it is possible.

1) I hate how the new system allows you to just run your mouse over anything and it has a box pop up with stats/name/information, etc. I would like to change it to the old style where you have to click to get the name of something. As well the font is completely different on Hybrid from the new system and has the old style "fancy" font. How do I switch it from the new style to the old style "fancy" font?

2) Getting rid of the extra 'stats' and just keep the basics for armor/weapons.

3) Getting rid of the extra classes such as Elf, etc. Same with things such as Ninja, Necro, etc.

4) Getting rid of all the excess crap in the Paperdoll and only leave the Party/Account Profile scrolls and Backpack

These are just a few of the ton of questions I have regarding going back to the old UO days. (When UO was still enjoyable). I just need possible files to look into, maybe links to help me go into this farther. Any assistance is appreciated!

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Jeff

Lord
Alot of the features will be gone by changing the Expansion to None in Scripts/Misc/CurrentExpansion.cs

Change this:
Code:
        private static readonly Expansion Expansion = Expansion.SA;
To this:
Code:
        private static readonly Expansion Expansion = Expansion.None;

Unred

Sorceror
Thanks much Jeff, that is a huge help! Now to start making it around how I like it with all the extra crap gone.