RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A good solo shard?

deides

Traveler
When I played OSI shards I mostly played solo, doing my own thing, Pvm or increasing skills. oh i did shop at the player vendors when i needed, but that was about it.

So over the last year, I spent a large part of my time creating a great solo shard... random encounters, RESgates in crutial areas, modified housing prices and other scripts (255 stat max doesn work when you are playing solo, neither does the 5 pet limit), and quests quests quests. It was a great shard, and I could just load it up and play a little bit after work when I wanted to.

Then, computer crashed (HDD stopped spinning regularly, was unusable) and I lost it all.

Does anyone know of a good shard repack for solo play? I know of Sean Andres repack in the script releases, but It does not have ML (ML has lots of solo content).

Thanks a million !

I've thought the exact same thing about how amazing it would be to play in a very dynamic solo UO world. I've run my own solo server but always end up losing interest because it's so desolate. Other games like Skyrim manage to at least create some sense of a living world and other games have done some interesting things with dynamic AI (e.g. Space Rangers) that "play the game" even when you aren't around them. Unfortunately I have no programming skills but I would probably be willing to invest financially in someone's efforts to build a more fleshed out quest, encounter and AI system for UO. If anyone is interested in this down the road let me know and we can talk.

Gosmann

Sorceror
I dont know, if it is something you are looking for, bur right now, I'm about to create a relative small world for few players, we try to build a skyrimIsh, living world with much depth that even one player could have fun,
if we are ready, we will release this world to the community, unfortuntly it will be german, but I will mention all files that need to be translated

you also can look here, my previous custom world
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/custom-world-for-free.104441/

I'd never build a solo shard.. 1-player games are always too limited.. Portal. Now that's the best game.. two people.. 2-player games are greater.

I dont know, if it is something you are looking for, bur right now, I'm about to create a relative small world for few players, we try to build a skyrimIsh, living world with much depth that even one player could have fun,
if we are ready, we will release this world to the community, unfortuntly it will be german, but I will mention all files that need to be translated

you also can look here, my previous custom world
http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/custom-world-for-free.104441/

Awesome; please do post when it's done. I don't know much translating I can do but I would be happy to share any progress that I did make.

graverobbing

Sorceror
How about you try Ultima Series? I know its not UO, but they are so much fun and still have the same lore AND they are singleplayer games.

Maybe from 1 to 5 they look really old-school. From 6 and specially 7 and 8 the 2D(isometric?) graphics went better and the 9th one is 3D (but if you play this one id totally recommend that you patch it first ;) )

I've played Ultima 7, and while I definitel think it's amazing, I do enjoy the freedom that UO gives you. The isometric view and skill system are also greatly improved in UO. Now if only UO could be fleshed out with the NPCs of U7. Anyway, I should get around to 8; I do like some aspects of what I've seen in it.