RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a hat that hues spells (flamestrike ect)

zite

Wanderer
a hat that hues spells (flamestrike ect)

Summary:
http://www.wannabecoder.com/MysticHat.zip
Put the hat on, hue it, and your spells will eb the same hue as your hat. This script involves modifying each individual spell file to refer to the hue. This takes a ridiculously long time so I recommend you just use my spells folder. Though a few of my spells are disabled so you might have to enable them.

Consult the .cs files for more info. I'll provide as much support for this as I feel like giving, if something doesn't work and you aim me bitching about what a horrible coder I am I will block you. If you flame me telling me this script sucks, I will ignore you.

Description:
http://www.wannabecoder.com/MysticHat.zip
YOU NEED THIS FILE. THE FILE UPLOADED TO RUNUO.COM IS ONLY THE HAT FILE. IF YOU COMPILE JUST THAT IT WILL NOT WORK.

Installation:
replace your spells folder with mine, or modify each individual spell with the hue thing (check the .cs files for more info on how to do this)
drop the hat in the custom folder. think thats it.

my aim: zite91
msn: [email protected]

Attachments

• MysticHat.cs
    955 bytes · Views: 496

sunfishdog

Wanderer
when i cast summon daemon my server crashes as well....but (and i could be wrong) it looks like the daemon.cs file you put in there wasnt for the summon daemon, its for a regular deamon. and to the other guy.....to fix the ev thing just replace the energyvortex.cs file with the one from your mobiles folder(sould be RunUO-Beta-36\Scripts\Mobiles\Monsters\Misc\Melee).

Horde_Pil

Wanderer
answer

i would make it check for those spells it is not compatable with, and if they are being cast make it do nothing.

Phil might need to go ahead and make it that way....if people see that your script *Will* crash their shard why would they want it?

If you make a script please back it up.... :D

zite

Wanderer
are you guys replacing your ev and deamon mobiles with the ones from the zip?
ah you guys are proly running aos. with aos you will need this summondeamon file. and I dunno why ev crashes server. here's my ev file again tho =/

it doesn't crash on my server, can you guys paste me the error log?

Attachments

• EnergyVortex.cs
    2.6 KB · Views: 44
  • SummonedDaemon.cs
    2.5 KB · Views: 46

amon2

Sorceror
server crash

i love the hat and script but i crash when blade spirit is cast ....anyway to fix it or disable the spell? :confused:

looks good but...

the idea is awsome but its a little to much work on my part (course ima drop and play guy) but if you listen to even one suggestion please let it be this. I would make a spell folder that has the fixes and all spells enable then repost it. This is only a suggestion but i think it would not only save us a lot of work but save you from getting alot of people saying help my server crashed or why wont this spell work and so on. I have not tried running this script my self and i am in no way bashing it or anything like that i am only trying to help by suggesting this. I replied to this after reading the posts and thought this suggestion might make things easyer on everyone. Please dont take this as a bash, flame, or even a complaint.

Gwidion

Wanderer
I've installed all of the necessary components for the Mystic Hat to work. But, I'm getting errors in the SpellHelper.cs....what's the deal?!

Here's my error log:

Code:
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Base\SpellHelper.cs: CS0029: (line 295, column 14) Cann
ot implicitly convert type 'Server.Guilds.BaseGuild' to 'Server.Guilds.Guild'
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Base\SpellHelper.cs: CS0029: (line 303, column 10) Cann
 - Error: Scripts\Spells\Base\SpellHelper.cs: CS0029: (line 310, column 11) Cann

And here's the lines:

Code:
		public static Guild GetGuildFor( Mobile m )
		{
	295->		Guild g = m.Guild;

if ( g == null && m is BaseCreature )
			{
				BaseCreature c = (BaseCreature)m;
				m = c.ControlMaster;

if ( m != null )
	303->				g = m.Guild;

if ( g == null )
				{
					m = c.SummonMaster;

if ( m != null )
	310->					g = m.Guild;
				}
			}

Please help me! I have no idea what to do...I've made/edited scripts before, but I don't know it well enough to decipher this kind of stuff.... =\

Thanks!

zSumGuyz

Wanderer
Ok i installed the script and did everything but now i get a problem with the script... here it is.

Code:
  - Error: Scripts\Spells\Chivalry\DispelEvil.cs: CS0115: (line 32, column 24) 'Server.Spells.Chivalry.DispelEvilSpell.SendCastEffect()': no suitable method found to override

so i go into the scripts and it says this

Code:
                     public override void SendCastEffect()
		{
			Caster.FixedEffect( 0x37C4, 10, 7, 4, 3 ); // At player
		}

I dont see whats wrong :mad:

zedar

Wanderer
Ok i installed the script and did everything but now i get a problem with the script... here it is.

Code:
- Error: Scripts\Spells\Chivalry\DispelEvil.cs: CS0115: (line 32, column 24) 'Server.Spells.Chivalry.DispelEvilSpell.SendCastEffect()': no suitable method found to override
so i go into the scripts and it says this

Code:
public override void SendCastEffect()
{
Caster.FixedEffect( 0x37C4, 10, 7, 4, 3 ); // At player
}

I dont see whats wrong

ok i have make correction; it will work fine now :p

You can download it with this link:

http://xion-online.net/MUO/Mystic Hat Hue spell.zip

Or go to the "telecharger" (download) section in my site web

http://xion-online.net/reservoirscripts/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26