RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A map with no oceans

alekwdrake

Sorceror
Has anyone ever tried to make a map with no oceans and gotten it to work? Thats what Im trying to do. It of course has rivers and lakes. Alot of both. It would just give the players alot more area to play around with. And you could still fish and use boats because some of the lake would be a good size. When I compile my map though using dragon and dragonsp it is making the land other things besides what its supposed to be which is grass 0. None of the old map is showing up so Im pretty sure that I got all the required .muls ect deleted of the old maps. I have tried with dragon 9 and 11 and pretty much get the same thing except is putting different tiles other then what its supposed to be. Not entirely sure what Im doing wrong. Before when Id try to compile a map with an ocean about the only problems Ive had is tan tiles for shores but have been reading up on things to fix that. Does anyone have any advice regarding my issue. Also I have been using a fresh install of UO mundains legacy and a new copy of runuo final 2.0 repack that I found on the site awhile back. Am going to try the latest runuo and may also revert back to runuo rc2 to see if that makes any difference.
And one more thing. Am I required to have my client patched to a certain number or can I just use an unpatched version of uo?