RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A static.mul exportor plugin

L

Loverboy

A static.mul exportor plugin

after trying to figure out how to use the current tools available, There are many bugs (largely becuase of early development stages) and they are often hard to use. We all are familiar with adding statics through the client and the box. The server has all the information needed to create a static and staticidx muls. There are already static exporters , but to export them and append exixsing muls will allow admins to patch and ultimatly reduce lag

thats my suggestion any how

cheers

Loverboy :)

cfaust

Wanderer
I believe this has been discussed several times before; the trouble is to create a patch like OSI pushes into your client would be very expensive, that is if you try to emulate the OSI style of patching.

I'm also assuming that this question has been floating around long enough that I think some have tried to build a patcher but I do not know the outcome, if they were successful or not. I'd do a search of the forums, you might or might not find a lead to some good information. Wether or not you find information using search I can't answer, but I kinda remember it being discussed before.

L

Loverboy

i agree it would be expansive but this is not what im suggesting

I'll put it in piont form to try and make my idea clearer

• This pluging would do a similair job as world forge for creating and editing statics.
  • You would create a psuedo RunUO server for static editing.
  • when you have made the modification to the statics in RunUO you say a command like [mulsave map# (only an example)
  • at this point on of two things happen A) the server then preceeds to save the static#.mul and staticidx#.mul or B) the exporter passed the information to a third party program which compiles the statistics
  • once the statics are made thay are then patched to uo Gateway
this could be done in lockdown mode and the worlds are cleared so there is more cpu and memory avialable

cfaust

Wanderer
I use a batch file that builds various archives twice daily for my downloadable files and also for UOGateway. I edit while in game, because you have to restart the server anyway for the new files to take affect anyway. That way I never forget to upgrade/update the files.

L

Loverboy

is there any chance you could share how you do this?

ive been searching and trying diffrent programs for a week now

nothing seems to work easily

cfaust

Wanderer
Here is my batch file; if you wish to use this you need to copy/paste and save it as filename.bat. Also you should edit the directories to match your configuration.

Code:
  @echo off
  path=%path%;c:\program files\winrar;
  cd temp
  xcopy ..\map0.mul
  xcopy ..\statics0.mul
  xcopy ..\staidx0.mul
  xcopy ..\mapdif1.mul
  xcopy ..\mapdifl1.mul
  xcopy ..\mapdif0.mul
  xcopy ..\mapdifl0.mul
  rar a -df Pack01 map0.mul statics0.mul staidx0.mul mapdif1.mul mapdifl1.mul mapdif0.mul mapdifl0.mul
  xcopy ..\map2.mul
  xcopy ..\statics2.mul
  xcopy ..\staidx2.mul
  xcopy ..\mapdif2.mul
  xcopy ..\mapdifl2.mul
  xcopy ..\stadif2.mul
  xcopy ..\stadifl2.mul
  rar a -df Pack02 map2.mul statics2.mul staidx2.mul mapdif2.mul mapdifl2.mul stadif2.mul stadifl2.mul
  xcopy ..\map3.mul
  xcopy ..\statics3.mul
  xcopy ..\staidx3.mul
  rar a -df Pack03 map3.mul statics3.mul staidx3.mul
  xcopy ..\map4.mul
  xcopy ..\statics4.mul
  xcopy ..\staidx4.mul
  rar a -df Pack04 map4.mul statics4.mul staidx4.mul
  xcopy ..\multi*.*
  xcopy ..\tiledata.mul
  rar a -df MultiPack01 multi*.* tiledata.mul
  cd \
  cd web
  cd wwwroot
  cd htdocs
  cd nuke
  cd html
  cd download
  rem del *.rar
  xcopy c:\runuo-100\UOData\temp\*.rar /y
  cd \
  cd runuo-100
  cd uodata
  cd temp
  del *.rar

The reason for so many lines is the fact that WinblozeXPee command shell can't seem to understand lengthy directory names.

cfaust

Wanderer
Set up a scheduled task in Winblows using that batch file; this will make it automatic. I have mine run at 11:30 am and again at 11:30 pm so that my files are current every 12 hours.