RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ACC Yard and Garden

A_Li_N

Knight
ACC - Yard and Garden

Description
This system allows players to add items in and around their houses. It's geared towards creating yards and garden type areas, but can be modified to allow them to build whatever they want in and around their homes. The system allows for placing items and adjusting their heights from the ground. It has general items, stairs, gates, trees and even supports custom built multis via scripts. Adding additional items to the available list is much easier in this version. If you need help doing so, let me know. I will be working on a tutorial to post on my website the same as the other ACC tutorials, but that will take a bit of time.

Features
  • Place any item on the list (well over 400 currently) in around your house.
  • Items placed are owned by the player that placed them and will not allow others to use.
  • Refund an item by either double clicking on it (most items) or by single clicking and selecting "Sell" (stairs, gates)
  • Gates are lockable.
  • All items are persistant through world saves/loads/resets.
  • Set where the gump opens so it can be out of the way while you're looking at your yard. Locations are saved per shovel.
Notes
Please note that this system is NOT an update to the old system that might be floating around. Updating from that old system to this new system is not currently supported, but if there becomes a need for it, let me know and I will see what can be done. Also, please note that this is a standalone system. It does not require any of the other ACC components to run.

Installation
Extract package into your customs folder.
Modify the size of the yard in the Core\YardSettings.cs

Instructions on Use
Obtain a Yard Shovel and/or Yard Decorator. Stand in your house and use the Yard Shovel to start creating your yard. Use the Yard Decorator to adjust the height of your placed items.

Settings
Found in YardSettings.cs:
  • Left, Right, Front, Back: Demensions of the yard around the house.
  • SecondsToCleanup: Seconds after a save the cleanup is initialized.
  • AllowOtherHouses: True if you want to allow players to place items in other player's houses, false if not.
Updates
2010-01-06 - Fixed a few bugs. Gave option to disallow placing items in other player's house. Made items be linked to player's house...details in update post.
2009-12-24 - Fixed a couple small things.
2009-12-23 - Initial release, works on SVN and 2.0 Final.

ACC Collection Links
ACC Core
ACC Central Memory
ACC Public Gates
ACC Complete Spell System
ACC Spellweaving, Bushido, Mysticism and Ninjitsu (tass23)

Attachments

• Yard System - 20100106-160155.rar
    18 KB · Views: 849

A_Li_N

Knight
Update 2009-12-24

2009-12-24
-Fixed a problem with the gump settings.
-Changed so if you select the current category, you go back to the home page.

Files Changed
Core\YardGump.cs
Core\YGSettingsGump.cs

To Update
Replace current files with new files.

smeghead

Wanderer
Great script, I will probably use it however, it allows a player to place objects inside other peoples houses (if they have been placed near enough)
Solution is just to warn people those items will be deleted but theres quite a big griefer factor possible

A_Li_N

Knight
smeghead;822710 said:
Great script, I will probabyl use it however, it allows a player to place objects inside other peoples houses.
Solution is just to warn people those items will be deleted but theres quite a big griefer factor possible

Thanks for the info, I will look into it.

smeghead;822710 said:
Great script, I will probabyl use it however, it allows a player to place objects inside other peoples houses.

What, you never broke into someones house to give them stuff instead of taking something? :p

oiii88

Sorceror
Nice update. As for the placing items in peoples home. If you limit the range in which the items can be placed then that is not an issue. I believe by default its 10 tiles but that can be changed.

A_Li_N

Knight
oiii88;822726 said:
Nice update. As for the placing items in peoples home. If you limit the range in which the items can be placed then that is not an issue. I believe by default its 10 tiles but that can be changed.

Very true...and I think (vague recollection) that houses can be placed no fewer than 3 tiles away from other houses...but I'll still look into doing an actual fix.

test444

Wanderer
As for the Yard range... yes, the first thing i made was, that i changed the range in settings from 10 to 4, for one reason... i just can imagine, how ppl can abuse this... for example, placing some barriers in front of neighbor house etc... i said to me, 4 range is enough to build some flower fence around your house.... but then i said to me, but wait... now you cant build nice garden around your house like with 10 tiles settings... so its hard... i will probably change it back to the 10 tiles, but to be honest, i didnt even know about building in foreign house....

so in any case, i think its needed make this item rare... so only very little amount of ppl will use that... so make the shovel with uses (1 use = 1 show of gump), or make the showel named for ppl who can use that... but thats limiting for trading.

an other way to maybe make it so less abuse, is to have it so only can place "in front" of house
most people place their houses back a ways from others, so they can see in front of their house
this way they can place in front in that area only and not to the side, etc into other houses

also this would stop people from blocking most cave/mine/other area entrances by put up a small house and then building a yard to block off the area infront of the cave, etc

oiii88

Sorceror
The largest abuse I found and never found a fix for was making the items decay once the home was dropped. On my original shard ages ago I allowed 6 homes ( boy what a mistake ) to get around the 5 tile range I limited them with they would place 18x18 after 18x18 add fence or shrubs etc then delete the home and the items stayed. Not complaining just making another glitch players use known in case anyone has a fix for that.

i have simular problem with items placed around houses that way to after deleted house from lost account
normaly have to wait for some one to say - hey there is a what not in the middle of where i like to place my house lol

would be nice if the yard stuff got linked to the house some how so it would decay as well

smeghead

Wanderer
I still think its a great script, I might just LOAN people the shovel to deco their house and take the shovel back after approving it

test444

Wanderer
Lord_Greywolf;822742 said:
an other way to maybe make it so less abuse, is to have it so only can place "in front" of house

Yeah....... :) This is another way... i got this idea too just right before i readed your post... ;)

Now i see, i cant place the leaves? Somebody can place the leaves???