RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accomplice

cendra

Wanderer
Accomplice

http://www.weazy.net/Accomplice/index.shtml

http://www.weazy.net/Accomplice/files/AccompliceRunUO.zip

;)

A

Allmight

Hmm.

I agree that it's not nice to post that in this forum, but why use anything else but Accomplice. Accomplice is open source, it is fully scriptable so anyone can make their own custom layout. I prefer Accomplice since i don't have to wait for updates that might take some time since the one making it has a RL as well. Don't get me wrong Eagle, you are doing i great job, just that you have a very tough competitor in Accomplice.

Sincerely, Allmight.

Eagle

Wanderer
HEHE yea i know Accomplice is nice but honestly I'm making this Tool for 3 simple reasons , its not to replace Accomplice there will still be many many users of Accomplice I'm sure becouse of its scripting ability etc. This is not a "competiton" to me, I'm making something I want to use and just making it avaible to others.

1) It is very Difficult to get Accomplice to "Feel" like Axis does , I personaly am very attached to the way axis works. Though this is not a big reason becouse I could get used to Accomplice over time it is one of my reasons. So basicly what I'm saying is I'm making this for ME not anyone else.

2) I figured if I liked and use it I might as well offer it to others to use Some may like it some may not. But now they have a Choice at leaste. Yes there are some great things about Accomplice that I love but If i'm going to be using a tool almost daily I want it to Feel right to ME

3) UseUO will parse the RunUO server files and generate its own files to use ( that can also be distro to you Staff ) Now I realize that Accomplice has its own scripts also that can be distro'd but the main thing is that UseUO files are generated Automaticly to fit your shard with no extra scripting , it will get all your custom items etc and add them to its own files. True I could have just made a stand alone parser for Accomplice to parse the scripts and put them into Accomplice format but I figured I was making the program anyhow I might as well Just make it part of UseUO ( as it is in axis excpt axis parses them each time its loaded and dosent create its own files thus you still had to give your scripts to possibly theiving staff )

Now on a note to Point 3 if atleaste a few poeple ask I will make a stand alone parser to parse the RunUO scripts and make Accomplice lst files for the items and mounts etc. but I need some feed back as to weather this would actualy be used as I myself will not be using it but I'm more than willing to provide it for the community.

Also one last thing as to not confuse people I say alot in this Post that I'm making this for ME and to MY liking well I'm Still VERY open to ideas,sugestions ect. You may think of something I have not thought about etc etc etc I cannot promis that I will incoperate every sugestion but I will promis that I will atleaste consider all of them and maybe in some curcumstances get with who made the sugestion and partialy implment it or add onto it further etc.

Anyhow that is my $.02 on the subject, like I said this is not a competiton to me ( nor Zippy I would imagine ) and its not ment to replace Accomplice in any way shape or form, just something else to use if you like it. I agree it will not be for everyone just as Accomplice will probbly not be for everyone but hey no skin on anyones back on what ever one you choose or none at all and just type commands that whole time ( Zero thats for you bro ) or even further yet Make your own GM tool, no one says their has to be just 1 or just 2 , and I will gladly help anyone wanting to do this. I wont write your code for you but will give examples etc adn help explain some of the hardships I have went through programing. You can find me in the RunUO Chat ( irc.coldfront.net #runuo and/or #useuo )

Best of luck and I hope this Clears some things up for everyone.

--Eagle Out

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Accomplice is great, and so is UseUO. No damn need for a battle of the tools, the more the better.