RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[add menu category

minorj

Wanderer
[add menu category

When you type [add <enter> you get a gump. Items and Mobles. in both is subcategorys. both have one called uncatorized.
How do I categorize them? like dyeTubs for example >> how do you put all dyeTubs in to a category?

Jason

Wanderer
minorj said:
When you type [add <enter> you get a gump. Items and Mobles. in both is subcategorys. both have one called uncatorized.
How do I categorize them? like dyeTubs for example >> how do you put all dyeTubs in to a category?

Have you looked at the code for that command that generates the xml that handles the gump?

minorj

Wanderer
Jason, could you be a little more specific? AgentRansack returns 1127 files with add in them, the two obvious are Add.cs and AddGump.cs. AddGump appears to be the result gump of typing [add swor witch would return the seeThrough gump that lists all items with swor in thier names. Add.cs appears to be the base.

ok think I found what you was pointing towards

minorj

Wanderer
Alrighty then. Finaly tracked it down to items.cfg and mobles.cfg... Is it safe, ok to edit this file? Only see where it is read -- not find any script that writes to it.

Mortis

Knight
RunUO Rc 1.0\docs\commands.html

RebuildCategorization

Usage: RebuildCategorization
Rebuilds the categorization data file used by the Add command.

Jason

Wanderer
minorj said:
Alrighty then. Finaly tracked it down to items.cfg and mobles.cfg... Is it safe, ok to edit this file? Only see where it is read -- not find any script that writes to it.

Sure...

weaselboy246

Wanderer
speaking of which, i use the StaticHousing script. and that script crashes the server when I rebuild the add menu. And now i can't use the menu because it crashes the server. Anyone know the fix on this?

Jason

Wanderer
weaselboy246 said:
speaking of which, i use the StaticHousing script. and that script crashes the server when I rebuild the add menu. And now i can't use the menu because it crashes the server. Anyone know the fix on this?

It crashes because the code is really bad.

The fix is don't use it :) I am being serious when I say this. Clearly you don't have the knowlege to fix it, and the code is so poorly done its not even funny.

A simple solution is just don't use it.

I know your not going to like that response. But I have never been one of those people that tell you what you want to hear.

HellRazor

Knight
Use the static housing system written and released by Jason, it is coded much better.

Jason said:
It crashes because the code is really bad.

The fix is don't use it :) I am being serious when I say this. Clearly you don't have the knowlege to fix it, and the code is so poorly done its not even funny.

A simple solution is just don't use it.

I know your not going to like that response. But I have never been one of those people that tell you what you want to hear.

mr_wuss

Wanderer
HellRazor said:
Use the static housing system written and released by Jason, it is coded much better.

that was close to being funny but instead its cute

like bunnies

if something crashes a server then its coded badly, period.

weaselboy246

Wanderer
weaselboy246 said:
not really sure if that does it or not now... been gening for about 30 minutes now.. not sure if it's working though...
Server Crash Report
===================

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.573
Time: 5/27/2004 1:58:16 PM
Mobiles: 28785
Items: 168800
Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = Tao) (mobile = 0x928 'Tao')

Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Item.Delete()
at Server.Custom.Categorization.RecurseExport(XmlTextWriter xml, CategoryEntry ce)
at Server.Custom.Categorization.RecurseExport(XmlTextWriter xml, CategoryEntry ce)
at Server.Custom.Categorization.Export(CategoryEntry ce, String fileName, String title)
at Server.Custom.Categorization.RebuildCategorization_OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)
at Server.Commands.Handle(Mobile from, String text)
at Server.Mobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.UnicodeSpeech(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Jason

Wanderer
You have a custom script that is crashing the code.

Your going to have to track what is doing it yourself, we cannot do that for you.

I never released a static house sytem, but I know if something is buggy, then it shouldn't be used.

I based my reply on the fact, he said thats what it was.

How can you comment on my reply, based on the fact even he thinks thats the problem.