RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advanced Sailboat Transport System

Advanced Sailboat Transport System v1.01

Well here goes. This is my second script and the first one was the verry early prototype of this one :rolleyes: .

<<< Updates in v1.01 >>>

Sailmaster now looks at you when you say sail.
When a player comes near the sailmaster it wil greet him and tell him how the sailmaster works (Thanks Yrenwick Dragon for the idea).

<<< Information: >>

This script is based on the SailMaster script of Fineous, but i changed and added a lot of stuff. This are the new functions, items and stuff it now contains:
- A SailMaster that can sail you to different towns.
- A System that calculates the time and cost of your journy.
- Different sailboat addon's that can be placed anywhere.
- A Sailboat Membershipcard for free sailboat travel. (buy at SailMaster)
- A admin panel where you can automatic generate all boats and sailmasters.
And you can also use the same panel to delete all boats and sailmasters again.

<<< Instalation: >>>

Just put the map SailMaster in the RunUO\Scripts map.

<<< Special thanks and Notes. >>>

First of all. It can be possile that you find a part of your script in this script.This is because when i get stuck with my script i search for solutions in other scripts.

And here are some people that i want to thank for there scripts.
Fineous: He made the original, I just added and changed some stuff.
Arya: I used his AddonGenerator for the boats and stairs.
The Pandora's Box crew: It makes building stuff so much easyer :D .

For any sugestions or bugs, PM me at the forums of RunUO.

Read the Readme in the archive for detailed information.

Attachments

• SailMaster.zip
    9 KB · Views: 465

malgrimace

Sorceror
Does this automatically teleport the player to the area they choose, cause if so - I can see this being a nice replacement for moongates :D

No, it works just like the teleport stones. You just say wich city you wanna go to and then you zap there, and the travel only cost like 5 seconds or something.

malgrimace

Sorceror
Plus - I wouldn't matter if it took a little time or you had to wait for a certain time before you could travel. It all adds to the flavor :)

Ehm, it is not compatable with custom maps (unless you edit the script). But i am planning on making it so you can program different locations, so you can just add it anywhere. Not sure though.

kethoth

Page
would've been better if it just sailed you to the docks of that city instead of teleporting you....moongates work just as well

Pyro-Tech

Knight
i think it would be cool to do the actual sailing thing.....have to wait for a boat to come in if it isn't allready there (say at the other dock?) and if you do this, you have to actually ride it back

i had gotten rid of moongates to make mages more worth while, but i also use a race system where 2 races don't have magery....so this would be a good compramise.....actually have to ride it out, but you could get around the world other than a horse or boating yourself

I think that wouldn't work that good. Because then you need a lot of boats, cause there are multiple citys. And when you only have one, you must w8 forever for it to come, or it wont come at all, and then you have to get it :S.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
couldn't you do way point markers like you can do for NPC's??

i figured prolly 1 boat per route....not a boat going from each city to each city

so like there would be 1 boat to share the route from britain to trinsic....if someone needed it in either city, they would have to wait

but yeah....either way it could be troublesom

mabey ill just edit to make the wait times a little longer

Thank you all. But i will c what i can do in the next update. I have some nice idea's though. But what i realy want to try is to make it possible to use it in custom maps as well.
But for anymore suggestions and ideas, just post em here and i will realy consider them.

Anvil

Wanderer
Well, another idea would be to purchase a ticket from a NPC or stone at the doc based upon the location to where the player wants to go. Say, to Trinsic from Britain is 300gp where from Trinsic to Ice Isle is 500gp. But when a ticket is purchased, then a ticket is issued to the players backback. A boat spawns at the doc and is unlocked (hold is locked), and player or "players", get on the boat. Player who has ticket gives ticket to tillerman. Any open planks close, and then the boat sets sail to it's destination. Once it reaches, and all members reach the shore and noone is left on the ship, all planks close, and the ship is removed.

Any ideas?

Anvil

Wanderer
Anvil said:
Well, another idea would be to purchase a ticket from a NPC or stone at the doc based upon the location to where the player wants to go. Say, to Trinsic from Britain is 300gp where from Trinsic to Ice Isle is 500gp. But when a ticket is purchased, then a ticket is issued to the players backback. A boat spawns at the doc and is unlocked (hold is locked), and player or "players", get on the boat. Player who has ticket gives ticket to tillerman. Any open planks close, and then the boat sets sail to it's destination. Once it reaches, and all members reach the shore and noone is left on the ship, all planks close, and the ship is removed.

Any ideas?

The only other kicker would be it would need to have Smart AI to sail around objects in its patch, IE, another player anchors boat in the middle of ocean and logs, but the boat is in the same pathway of the way to where the sailboat is going.

Anvil

Horde_Pil

Wanderer
hmm

well, what i would do, is when the player pays an NPC,the NPC spawns a boat, and the player is teleported to it. if the player logs out or gets off the boat. the boat disapears.

Nice idea though. I might give it a thought. But it might take a while for the patch I was thinking about, cuase there are no serios bug i am thinking about making a more complicated one. Well, il c when i make up my mind...