RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Animation question.

Warstone

Sorceror
Animation question.

Hello dear community.

Resently I was trying to add new animation to UO. No one program could add NEW animation (or i don't know it), so I try it by hands.
1st. I found free slot (BodyId = 222) and try to put there pack horse animation. according ultimaSDK algo real horse have bodyID = 291 and
Code:
index = 0x55f0 + ((body(291) - 200) * 0x41) = 0x6D0B (27915).
So offset of anim.idx will be 27915*12 = 334980.
Same calculation for 222 will give 281160.
There is 65 frames per animal (13 * 5) so... 780 bytes of data.
I copy 780 bytes from 334980 to 281160.
InsideUO and UOFiddler(using ultima.dll) show me current animation. But in game (6.0.13.0) there was Lizardman.

Where I was wrong? And what I need to do to add NEW animation?

PS: no overriding in body.def and bodyconf.def.

there is more than 65 frames for an animal - there is about 5000 frames total (2k for old low res ones)

mulpatcher will allow you to addin animations, but they have to be of the correct size (low med or high and not many slots open in low and med - and make sure spot is not overwriten in anim2,3,4,& 5)

Warstone

Sorceror
There is 110 animation frames for mosters in anim mul and 65 for animals (13 movies per 5 frames each) you can look at it at UOFiddler. All animals have body > 200. I'm talking about low res.

body has to be below 200 to be low res
above 200 is medium res and above 400 is high res (or was it 600 - i forget)

so you are in wrong section
and they reserver more spaces than just that - so use mulpatcher

and also like i said, make sure the other animation files have not also used the spot at all
and if body conv (i think that is the file - one of the body ones anyways) has not reassigned it at all also

they also expect the low res to be 256 color and a certain size bitmap (windows style also, not any other compression - so best again to use multatcher to add them in)