RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another newb/RunUO convert saying Hello

Baelen

Wanderer
Hello All!

After playing OSI off and on since release (more or less), I have decided to start working on my own server. As of right now it is mainly for a small group of friends/family that are interested though my hopes are that i can learn enough in this process to eventually bring the server up to par and possibly go live with it.

As the title suggests i am a newb to all this and am looking forward to any suggestions that could point my project here in the right direction.

I am not looking to modify the OSI maps much (if any at all) right now. I am just aiming for OSI accuracy up to at least early High Seas (if possible. Definitely want Stygian Abyss, though). I don't know many highly used scripts with the exception of, well one, Nerun's Distro.

I am currently working on a couple of clients. One is current (Pub 85 client 7.0.34.2. Quite a few crashes, mostly on the New Magincia island) and the other is 7.0.10.3 (works fine in most areas).

I am running RunUO 2.3 with Neruns Distro. Also fiddling with Orb(sydia?) for SA shtuff atm.

Many thanks in advance to any advice/direction, and i am looking forward to your replies. ^_^