RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any Windows CE developers?

Jeff

Lord
Any Windows CE developers?

Ok, so basically i have an issue where i need to clone 70 PDAs....fun right? It takes somewhere around 20 mins to configure 1 PDA...this is unexceptable, and not something i can do to keep my deadline. Anyway, I've written several applications for HDD's, Floppies, CDs and such in .Net to allow me to clone the data on them to a simple binary image file. So i took it upon myself to try and write a application on the PDA(Windows CE 5.0) to try and do the same by imaging the memory to a SD card. My issue is I can figure out the name of the device handle to use CreateFile on it :(.

Ive searched everywhere I can and best I can find is its called "DSKx" (x = 0-9 depending on how many drives/partitions there are).

I created this thread on Microsoft's forums hoping someone would answer me, but it seems either A. no one knows, or B. they dont wanna say

If anyone knows how to find device names, or create handles please let me know. I am in dire need of this and do not, really do not want to setup 70 PDAs one by one :(

Jeff