RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyway to mask my ip?

Chilli

Wanderer
Anyway to mask my ip?

Is there anyway that I could mask my ip for public use? I mean I have seen it done were some shards ip are like: Shardname.com,2593. How can I do that? The reason I need this is because the Ip for my router changes everytime the router is turned off. I don't plan on tunring it off often but it might happen.

Phantom

Knight
Chilli said:
Is there anyway that I could mask my ip for public use? I mean I have seen it done were some shards ip are like: Shardname.com,2593. How can I do that? The reason I need this is because the Ip for my router changes everytime the router is turned off. I don't plan on tunring it off often but it might happen.

There is no way to mask your ip and give people a way to connect to your server.

If you use a dns, your ip still could be displayed by doing a ping on the dns address.

dasoul

Wanderer
but thats dont hide... just have to do DNS asdsd.no-ip.com IN MS-DOS and u will get the ip.. or in IRC /dns adssd.no-ip.com ...

Greystar

Wanderer
if you want to hide your IP address you probably shouldnt be running a public shard on your computer... if your a user then you shouldnt be trying to sneak past an account limiter OR a server ban...