RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps4Rent Shard Hosting

john burns

Sorceror
I just signed up for shard hosting from apps4rent, but for the life of me, I am having one hell of a time trying to set up the server and the proper port.

Has anyone set up a virtual server as a shard host? So how do you do it?

Alyssa Dark

Sorceror
couple things:
1. did you check your datapath.cs (scripts/misc/) to make sure those specified files are located on your vps? or have uo installed on it? and does the line
Code:
          private static string CustomPath = @"C:\Program Files (x86)\~YourDataFilesLocationHere";
point to their location?
2. did you update your serverlist.cs (scripts/misc/) to the correct ip and port? (if not using one that does auto detect for ip info)
3. did you set up a windows inbound firewall rule to open the port for connections to your server? default 2593

these are all steps from a windows vps, i wouldn't know about a linux setup

john burns

Sorceror
Did all of that.

How would you open a port on there? I used a port scanner and it says that 2593 is closed. Even when I used a firewall exception, it didnt help.

Alyssa Dark

Sorceror
your not being able to connect would be cause of the closed port then... if yours has windows 2008 running on server, go to Start>Administrative Tools>Windows Firewall with Advanced Security... click on Inbound Rules on left side, you'd want to make a new rule and open port 2593 for runuo etc... allowing incoming traffic

if it's linux then i wouldn't have a clue on how to get the port open...

your hosting company should have some faq's or tutorials about how to do some of those things, like adding users for acces, firewall settings etc

good luck :)

john burns

Sorceror
Contacted the company, they have to open the port on their end. There is nothing I can do. They charge $50 to do it, but in my opinion, its worth it.

Hammerhand

Knight
Contacted the company, they have to open the port on their end. There is nothing I can do. They charge $50 to do it, but in my opinion, its worth it.
Kinda makes me wonder what else they "neglected" to tell you and what the costs will ultimately be for everything. Gotta love hidden fees....

john burns

Sorceror
I may end up looking in a few months for something else. Because I asked them about the ports, and they told me that the ports were open. Right now, I am a total noob at all of this, so its a good learning experience for me.

john burns

Sorceror
I got bored, found a couple others, gonna ask them some questions based on my past experiences, their prices are lower or olmost half of what these guys want, and they offer the same stuff.

Who knows. We will see.