RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] ArrowPM 0.0.3

No permission to download

nikkor1132

Sorceror
Good release and fast i will take a look at this see how it looks.
Are you gonna upload any Screen shots of the system?

fcondon

Sorceror
This looks really cool. Can you send PMs to players that are offline and have them receive it when they come online? Even if you arent online when they come online?

nikkor1132

Sorceror
Thanks Bittiez your the man just wanted to say upload some screen shots because i know some one else will say the same so.
It looks and works great.

Thanks for the release.

Bittiez

Sorceror
This looks really cool. Can you send PMs to players that are offline and have them receive it when they come online? Even if you arent online when they come online?
Not yet, but I hope I can figure out a reasonable way to do this without creating unnecessary items :) This is definitely a plan for future releases.

Bittiez

Sorceror
So honestly, I can't find any way to find offline characters O_O. If anyone knows how to find them, feel free to let me know, until then ill keep trying to find it but no luck so far =/

nikkor1132

Sorceror
So honestly, I can't find any way to find offline characters O_O. If anyone knows how to find them, feel free to let me know, until then ill keep trying to find it but no luck so far =/

Check out knives chat you can do it on his system maybe you can find something on there that will help you just a idea.

Thanks for the like fcondon! :p

Bittiez

Sorceror
Check out knives chat you can do it on his system maybe you can find something on there that will help you just a idea.

Thanks for the like fcondon! :p
I have been searching through knives but can't seem to find anything related to offline messages sadly =/

nikkor1132

Sorceror
I have been searching through knives but can't seem to find anything related to offline messages sadly =/

He has it to where it saves the pm till opened if you look at the script called message.cs i been looking through his system for a few days but with my work scheduled and a family its hard to have alot of time to do things but if i find something b4 you i will let you know what i did.

Evanonian

Sorceror
This is a great release to work along the side of your BoxerChat however I think I ran into a bug. If you save the PM and drop it on the ground, after a server restart. It messes up, it will be on the ground but you can't pick it up or remove it. And if you hover the mouse over it no context menu appears. It's like it doesn't exist :p

Bittiez

Sorceror
This is a great release to work along the side of your BoxerChat however I think I ran into a bug. If you save the PM and drop it on the ground, after a server restart. It messes up, it will be on the ground but you can't pick it up or remove it. And if you hover the mouse over it no context menu appears. It's like it doesn't exist :p
Well, I can't seem to find any reason why it would do this, however I have not tested it myself, ill test it when I get the chance.

Bittiez

Sorceror
Tested this and I could not reproduce the issue =/

Scrlked

Traveler
This is great man, I am looking forward for your release with offline PM. I want to use your BoxerChat + ArrowPM together to replace knifes chat.

Maybe you could point me in the right direction once you have offline PM going if that is still in the roadmap. I would like to be able to send messages from inside other scripts. Sounds kinda silly? Well lets say I have an automated jailing system for reason X. I want to be able to send a msg to all staff members that someone has been jailed so they can go see whats happened. I think that maybe ArrowPM could help with this.

Bittiez

Sorceror
This is great man, I am looking forward for your release with offline PM. I want to use your BoxerChat + ArrowPM together to replace knifes chat.

Maybe you could point me in the right direction once you have offline PM going if that is still in the roadmap. I would like to be able to send messages from inside other scripts. Sounds kinda silly? Well lets say I have an automated jailing system for reason X. I want to be able to send a msg to all staff members that someone has been jailed so they can go see whats happened. I think that maybe ArrowPM could help with this.

Add using Bittiez.ArrowPM; to the top of your script

To send a message to one person:

C#:
                        Mobile FROM = new Mobile();
                        Mobile SENDTO = new Mobile();
                        string message = "Message to send<br>html enable(UO's html anyway)";
                        PersonalMessage PM = new PersonalMessage(FROM, SENDTO, DateTime.Now, message);
                        SENDTO.SendGump(new MessageGump(PM, true));

To send to everyone with a specific access level or higher:
C#:
                        List<Mobile> SENDTO = Bittiez.Tools.List_Connected_Players();
                        PersonalMessage PM;
                        foreach (Mobile sendto in SENDTO)
                            if (sendto.AccessLevel >= AccessLevel.Counselor)
                            {
                                PM = new PersonalMessage(FROM, sendto, DateTime.Now, message);
                                sendto.SendGump(new MessageGump(PM, true));
                            }

As for the offline chat, I haven't had much time for last two weeks or so to do anything, but it is still in the roadmap :)

Evanonian

Sorceror
Add using Bittiez.ArrowPM; to the top of your script

To send a message to one person:

C#:
                        Mobile SENDTO = new Mobile();
                        PersonalMessage PM = new PersonalMessage(FROM, SENDTO, DateTime.Now, message);
                        SENDTO.SendGump(new MessageGump(PM, true));

To send to everyone with a specific access level or higher:
C#:
                        List<Mobile> SENDTO = Bittiez.Tools.List_Connected_Players();
                        PersonalMessage PM;
                        foreach (Mobile sendto in SENDTO)
                            if (sendto.AccessLevel >= AccessLevel.Counselor)
                            {
                                PM = new PersonalMessage(FROM, sendto, DateTime.Now, message);
                                sendto.SendGump(new MessageGump(PM, true));
                            }

As for the offline chat, I haven't had much time for last two weeks or so to do anything, but it is still in the roadmap :)

Hey Bittiez,

Is there any way I can take this code except modify it so if a player tries to message a person with access level Counselor or above it says "You cannot Private Message staff members, please use the page system."

P.S - Better yet, can you make it so I can put in a pre-defined list of Staff Names so no matter what Online or Offline it will say "You cannot Private Message Staff Members." that way they can't check to see if staff are online?

Evanonian

Sorceror
Sorry, not trying to bump my post but I figured it out.

Code:
                      if (MC[0].AccessLevel > AccessLevel.Player)
                        {
                            Sender.SendMessage(38, "You cannot private message Staff Members, please use the 'Help' feature for support.");
                            CloseMG(Sender);
                            Sender.SendGump(new WriteMessageGump(message, who));
                            return;
                        }

Scrlked

Traveler
Evanonian great work :). Always a problem when people keep sending to staff directly. People should really use the help system.