RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask questions for Faq here!

R

Rainman

Ask questions for Faq here!

http://www.runuo.com/shared/faq.html

Make sure the question hasn't already been asked above. Then fire away. I won't be anwsering them here, but some of them will be included in the next faq update.

Ask questions that you think a new person who just happen to find runuo on google would like to see the awnsers to.

L

Lost User

Here's a question that anyone capable of thought should know the answer to, but you can expect to hear a lot anyways:

"Will my existing Sphere/UOX/POL/Etc scripts work with RunUO?"

And it's cousin, "Will my existing Sphere/UOX/POL/Etc worldfile work with RunUO?"

Followed by "Why not? Is there any way to convert it?"

R

Rainman

I hope theres more questions than this :)

If you have already asked it, but its not on the Faq feel free to ask it again.

Will RunUO have a fully-populated default world that users can jump in and play right away?

Will RunUO's default world reflect the standard OSI Britannia (ie. building names, signs, npc's, etc.)

Will a dual-cpu computer be necessary to run both a client and a server on the same computer?

Mike_McBrien

Wanderer
I dont know what you have as a base for your FAQ right now, but please by all means make sure you put down the obvious questions like.... Even if you think they are way to obvious to put in you may want to include them. It will help make RunUO the easiest and best running UO emu out there.

What is RunUO programmed in?

Is it open source?

Why cant we have the source?

What is a DNS? Do I have to have it for others to join my "shard"?

etc... they have all been answered on the forums but some people are just to lazy to look around for 5 mins.

more questions...

Will there be a set server status webpage/template? What languge will the format be in?

Will there be guilds and guild functions?

Will there be Townstones, with town functions.. aka voting, mayors, guards etc...?

Can I have multiple races?

Is there weather? What about seasons?

Will RunUO.com have a list of free public servers?

Is Krrios' client the preferred client for RunUO?

Will their be worldbuilding/GM tools available for RunUO? (ie xuris worldbuilder, accomplice)