RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Athiests will enjoy this

TMSTKSBK

Lord
His arguments are absurd. Typical arguments to expect from someone who has no purpose but to bash deistic religion in general, and Christianity in particular.

How much do you know about Islam? Obviously not much, but seriously, how much do you know about Islam, and the "quality of life" people living under its rule enjoy?

TMSTKSBK said:
His arguments are absurd. Typical arguments to expect from someone who has no purpose but to bash deistic religion in general, and Christianity in particular.

How much do you know about Islam? Obviously not much, but seriously, how much do you know about Islam, and the "quality of life" people living under its rule enjoy?
"under its rule".... Islam is a religion not a government.. Dictators, oppression, and crappy governments can exist under any religion.. or in the case of communism, under none at all..

Malaperth said:
Actually, Islamic Law governs some countries, and is rather frightening in my opinion...
Aye, but a predominately Islamic country can and do exist with laws seperate from those stated by the religion itself

Courageous

Wanderer
Any sin -- ANY sin -- is worthy of immediate death and eternal damnation. This, obviously, includes homosexuality, murder, rape, theft, greed, lust, lying, pride, (and the list goes on).
Understand that to me, this makes this proposed imaginary creator about as contemptible as the idea of Bhaal. The (historical, abrahamic) religion may as well have been a religion that sacrified babies.

The Krishna Murdi was once asked if he thought there was a creator. He replied that he thought that the question of a creator was irrelevant, as it wouldn't change how he knew he ought to behave.

The difference between you and me, T, is that if I were to die and find your imaginary god to be the reality as the bible describes therein, I would have no choice but to play for the other team. My moral compass strictly forbids it. Decent people don't murder human beings for being physically attracted to each other, engaging in same sexual activities, being proud of themselves, or desiring of material gain. The very idea of such a being is abhorrent to me.

Carl Sagan once quipped: "I refuse to believe in a god who keeps his own personal torture chamber". Now there was an insighful fellow!

Why would one want to worship a god who... well I suppose the best analogy is... pulls the wings off butterfiles?

That's just demented,

C//

Slayer706

Sorceror
My neighbors are Islamic and their quality of life is better than mine. Their T.V. has a screen that is 10 inches bigger than mine.
Oh, and they haven't killed anyone else in the name of their religion either.
Nor have they suicide bombed anyone.

Hmmm, maybe it is just bad in extremes?

Slayer706

Sorceror
What else do you want to know? They have two dogs that seem well fed and very happy. They go out to eat almost every night as a family (2 children). They have the same internet I have, broadband....

Courageous

Wanderer
I think the only trouble with Islam is that, as a larger group, they tend to be more towards 14th and 15th century christianity. They're going through all this sectarian warfare, bloodily suppressing that, and western cultures with their christian heritage are like, "been there, done that."

C//

Courageous said:
Understand that to me, this makes this proposed imaginary creator about as contemptible as the idea of Bhaal. The (historical, abrahamic) religion may as well have been a religion that sacrified babies.

The Krishna Murdi was once asked if he thought there was a creator. He replied that he thought that the question of a creator was irrelevant, as it wouldn't change how he knew he ought to behave.

The difference between you and me, T, is that if I were to die and find your imaginary god to be the reality as the bible describes therein, I would have no choice but to play for the other team. My moral compass strictly forbids it. Decent people don't murder human beings for being physically attracted to each other, engaging in same sexual activities, being proud of themselves, or desiring of material gain. The very idea of such a being is abhorrent to me.

Carl Sagan once quipped: "I refuse to believe in a god who keeps his own personal torture chamber". Now there was an insighful fellow!

Why would one want to worship a god who... well I suppose the best analogy is... pulls the wings off butterfiles?

That's just demented,

C//

Ok guys here's the deal:

The universe, and all of its subsystems spontaneously created itself from out of nowhere, and human life came about through the repeated evolution of the (generally) simplest organic molecules-carbohydrates.