Attention Everyone! The end is near!

Discussion in 'RunUO Discussion' started by MadeInQuebec, Jul 11, 2017.

1. MadeInQuebec

MadeInQuebec Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Ladies and Gentlemens,

I just wanted to advise that I very well might give up on operation sweeping on these boards shortly.

The last couple weeks, made me realise that most of the people that were still actively scouting these boards seems to have relocated themselves elsewhere.

Therefore, I start to feel that I've accomplished my duties, at keeping these forums relatively clean for the people who still wanted to use it.

Right now, it seems to me that those people, are done using these boards, which takes away all the sense in giving in my time to make it bot free.

It saddens me a bit, I wish I could simply lock all the forums section from new post, so that it became a clean and static reference, unfortunately my arm is not long enough to reach those who could do this task for me.

I've enjoyed sharing time with you, and I hope that my presence was not too much of a burden for anyone.

Take care everyone,

Long live Ultime Online

May RunUO be marked in each other's heart, as the grandfather of Ultima Online emulation!

-MiQ

gametec, m309, pooka01 and 1 other person like this.
  2. milva

milva Sorceror

So sad to hear this, Runuo will become nothing more then Botville :/ if you send Ryan a msg would he put on a couple more mods or no? Can't blame you though!

3. MadeInQuebec

Staff Member

I sent a message to Ryan on January 17th to no avail.

I don't see much point in harrassing him further.

gametec, pooka01 and milva like this.
  4. gametec

gametec Page

I don't think these boards are entirely dead. I am logged on here nearly 24/7 and, while I am actively at the computer half that time, there is always 3-5 people surfing for one script or another every time I refresh the page. I'm sorry to see you go, and even still it is better to use any board than moderate them. lol Who wants the hassle of dealing with bots and argumentative personalities?!

Take care MadeInQuebec ;)

5. lowvyr

lowvyr Sorceror

I am new here. Thanks for everything so far. But i got sick to weed through all this botshit advertisments about wtf this bots offer. A function were posters are required to enter some sort of captcha would probalby help?

6. gametec

gametec Page

Hey Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately Ryan is the only one who can do anything about these bots; @MadeInQuebec tried and got burned out doing so from these postings. It is an up hill battle with all forum boards when they aren't moderated and maintained constantly. Ryan did say he was thinking about putting another development team together and even insinuated he was going to appoint some new moderators; this was back in January and nobody has heard from him since. It's like he came back with good intentions, put the site back online, announced his plans for the future, but then let everything go again. I wouldn't be surprised if this website goes back down at some point.

If you haven't already, make an account on ServUO.com just in case this website becomes inaccessible for whatever reasons.

MadeInQuebec likes this.
  7. lowvyr

lowvyr Sorceror

Thanks for the welcome and for these inisghts of what is going on. Thank you very much and have a nice day.

8. MadeInQuebec

Staff Member

So far, it looks like I'm too much of a sissy to stop doing work over here...

Oh well

Arvoreen and gametec like this.
  9. lowvyr

lowvyr Sorceror

When you find time for this.
    I am sure nobody here want you to feel bothered or burdened or have any other kind of negative vibes ;)

*gets some pompoms* uhm... i do not know any cheerup lines...
    well, at least i am sure looking disgusting in my sexy cheerleader outfit :))

i wish there would be a way for you to implement some captcha, so it would be harder for us to buy extends from here.

MadeInQuebec likes this.
  10. MadeInQuebec

Staff Member

I have often tried to get an administrator in, so that they could up my moderator level a bit, so I can play in the admin panel, or appoint extra moderators to have a hand in this.

Unfortunately, all my efforts were in vain.

@Ryan originally suggested that these forums should be locked, and kept as a read only reference, that's also something I considered asking to do.

But it really does seem that I am the sole and only line of defense left that still visit these boards, I guess when they made me Moderator of Hybrid back in 2010, I did not read the fine prints where it says that I would be serving a life sentence of bot purging on the RunUO boards.

Eh, at least they can't say they will not have gotten their money worth (0$) out of me :)

gametec likes this.
  11. gametec

gametec Page

You are nice, I think Ryan should have paid you. Even if it was only 5 bucks an hour, it would still be cheaper than paying a professional moderator. Anyway, I am hoping for the best with this website. I would like to see Ryan uphold his own vision and get RunUO back up and running.

MadeInQuebec likes this.
  12. MadeInQuebec

Staff Member

This would give me ultimate satisfaction for the work I've done here.

Let's hope for it, and sacrifice goats so the gods make it happen.

gametec likes this.
  13. lowvyr

lowvyr Sorceror

I just wonder why ryan mcadams got time on twitter but no time to take care of runuo.com

Good job till now MadeInQuebec. And i am sure "they" got more money out of you than 0$. regardles US. or Canadian dollars ;)

gametec likes this.
  14. MadeInQuebec

Staff Member

That's the only ammount that makes Can$ and US$ at parrity :D

gametec likes this.
  15. MadeInQuebec

Staff Member

How about y'all's go ask him on twitter to make me admin and we can finally get things done! ;)

gametec likes this.
  16. lowvyr

lowvyr Sorceror

Did this lazy slacker y'alls achieve anything yet?
    ;)

17. milva

milva Sorceror

I'm sure this is a huge pain for you! But happy you decided to continue this a little while longer, the forum just fills up with way to many bots :)

18. lowvyr

lowvyr Sorceror

All kudos to MadeInQuebec.

Can't say how much i apreciate his work here.