RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Attention UOG users

Status
Not open for further replies.

irro

Page
Attention UOG users

Ive had alot of reports about UOG creating massive, massive files. I advise everyone to check in their UOGateway/temp folder to make sure they dont have any massive files. If you do, deleting it wont hurt anything. I myself have had a 4 gig file and heard of upto a 32 gig file.

na12uto

Wanderer
May I ask what files are saved in the temp folder and where do they come from please? I have no clue.

Thanks in advanced

Greystar

Wanderer
irro said:
Ive had alot of reports about UOG creating massive, massive files. I advise everyone to check in their UOGateway/temp folder to make sure they dont have any massive files. If you do, deleting it wont hurt anything. I myself have had a 4 gig file and heard of upto a 32 gig file.

Holy Crap, runs off and checks UOG temp file.

Killamus

Knight
This tends to happen when the shard is running on your own comp, near start up. Also, if you open like.. 70 clients or so, its asking for this. I've had one of 74.3 megs, it filled my HD, crashed my shard, and pretty much fried my comp.

irro

Page
Killamus said:
This tends to happen when the shard is running on your own comp, near start up. Also, if you open like.. 70 clients or so, its asking for this. I've had one of 74.3 megs, it filled my HD, crashed my shard, and pretty much fried my comp.

What... there is no way it fried your comp

Red Star

Wanderer
One time I got hacked and a temp folder ended up in there after i just deleted it so sometimes when u get hacked by someone on uo it goes in there.

jocan2003

Sorceror
na12uto said:
May I ask what files are saved in the temp folder and where do they come from please? I have no clue.

Thanks in advanced

All the file in the temp folder is the patch for each server you try to connect to, also the serverlist, each time you connect to a shard with custom hue etc, it download the file and place it in the temp, copy it to theproper place, then dont delete it from the temp folder.

Also each time you open the uogatyeway it download a serverlist, wich is also writen in the temp folder.

let say you tried 30 server before finding this one yours, and 25 of them had patch, and 2 of them was using HUGE HUGE HUGE patch load, all these aptch as been save in the temp folder and were never deleted.

A chance, when you delete a server you already connected, it will delete the folder holding the custom patch. But not the temp folder hehe.

Jeff

Lord
jocan2003 said:
All the file in the temp folder is the patch for each server you try to connect to, also the serverlist, each time you connect to a shard with custom hue etc, it download the file and place it in the temp, copy it to theproper place, then dont delete it from the temp folder.

Also each time you open the uogatyeway it download a serverlist, wich is also writen in the temp folder.

let say you tried 30 server before finding this one yours, and 25 of them had patch, and 2 of them was using HUGE HUGE HUGE patch load, all these aptch as been save in the temp folder and were never deleted.

A chance, when you delete a server you already connected, it will delete the folder holding the custom patch. But not the temp folder hehe.
A little late, that post was made 07-21-2005, 05:54 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.