RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ATTENTION!: YOUR Input needed!

rekcah

Wanderer
I am pro Addon but am also concerned by the cheating factor. Maybe you could make it so that plugins can be certified for use with Razor and if they are uncertified make razor make the character say '{PLAYERNAME} Is using An UnCertified Razor Plugin'. every 15 minutes or something like that. I am not sure if this would be feasable or not.

Rekcah

rekcah

Wanderer
Re: Authorized Plugins

if the plugin was one (maybe) two files you could use md5 checksums on the files so that only a plugin with a md5 checksum that Razor knows and is authorized can be used. I know md5 is kida a linux thing but im sure there is a way to use it on windows

Rekcah

Yyrkoon

Wanderer
L0ki said:
Hmm it seems to me like any attempt at securing plugins won't work perfectly, if any plugins are 3rd party the chance for abuse exists. The idea of making the server police the plugins could be interesting. Like if you had the server send a packet with a list of allowed plugins. Although I'm not sure how a client without Razor would react to packets not in the uo protocol. If it just ignored them you could pretty easily just have the server send a list of allowed plugins to the client on connect.

You could set it up so that when you connect to a server Razor would tell the server that its in use. Then from there the server could send a list of 'authorized' plug-ins allowed. Razor would then turn on the allowed plug-ins, leaving the unknowns, or un authorized unloaded.

All this in theory should work fine, however your still going to have people out there re-naming 'xxxx' plug-in as one thats enabled on a given server to get what they want working. Im not sure how you would keep this from happening, but im sure theres someone out there who does :)