RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Shard - Struggling......

zolo888

Sorceror
Hello Everyone.

I run a shard in Australia and we had some good numbers around six months ago with 500 accounts and 200+ houses being built. We only got 20-30 on at one time as a maximum but things were good.

Lately the shard population has died of and its a little lonely for the players on the shard....SO......

Does anyone have any ideas on getting players onto my shard? Have you used ideas in the past and they worked? We are at indangerofcollapsing.com with the shard login as 203.217.2.227 Port 2593

Any feedback and help is welcome.

Have a great day.

Henry.

Dian

Sorceror
Have you been able to question any old players as to why they left? There must be some reason they are not coming back. I would start there.

Hello Everyone.

I run a shard in Australia and we had some good numbers around six months ago with 500 accounts and 200+ houses being built. We only got 20-30 on at one time as a maximum but things were good.

Lately the shard population has died of and its a little lonely for the players on the shard....SO......

Does anyone have any ideas on getting players onto my shard? Have you used ideas in the past and they worked? We are at indangerofcollapsing.com with the shard login as 203.217.2.227 Port 2593

Any feedback and help is welcome.

Have a great day.

Henry.

lets start off with your wordpress website

pooka01

Sorceror
The shard is "in danger of collapsing" xD. (could not resist)

Thought about temporary monster spawns, areas to defend with treasures, a special mob that has a kind of army or something, aiming for short term special events (hours to days), will probably get some people back in or get in to see that.
Also PvP events aren't always funny for everyone :p

zolo888

Sorceror
Yes - We have an upcoming event where i "stage" a house going IDOC that is full of goodies, I add monsters and control some bosses etc Players show up and try and camp and pvp a bit. When the house falls its a mad scramble and lots of death etc.

I think i need someone running events etc and be on shard more often.

I also agree that the web site needs a revamp, looking at website builders now...

zerodowned

Sorceror
in my opinion, i wouldn't advertise that you're an australian shard. not anything wrong with australia, but i think it can give potential players a sense of bad or slow connection depending on where they are located.

AFK resource gathering...not good. A shard with a good economy will keep players interested. If you let everyone build up their resource supply while sleeping, they'll never have a need to buy/sell items from other players.
they might like it at first, but will quickly lose interest because there will be no effort. Endless supply of resources and quick skill gains = GM Smithy over night.

No recalling out of fel dungeons...i never understood that. most games give players an options for quick exit from dungeons, even if it's a special exit scroll they need to buy from an npc.

Client version 7.0.10.3
if you can update to a newer version, players will be more likely to play. players often play both freeshards AND the real UO. and seem to not want multiple version of the game on their computer. maybe it's because of hard drive space...i don't know. i have like 6 versions on mine though.

other than that...it seems like a good shard.
maybe boost the stat cap and skill cap a little.

Vorspire

Knight
This is the time of the year where most shards see a dip in population, especially if they are US / Europe based players. If your shard population is majority US / Europe, that will explain the lower numbers and most likely, they will return when the weather changes again next season.