RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

authid

quantomsadmn

Wanderer
authid

In packethandlers.cs there is this code in the GameLogin function:

Code:
            int authID = pvSrc.ReadInt32();

if ( !IsValidAuthID( authID ) )
            {
                Console.WriteLine( "Login: {0}: Invalid client detected, disconnecting [PacketHandlers GameLogin() 1]", state );
                state.Dispose();
                return;
            }
            else if ( state.m_AuthID != 0 && authID != state.m_AuthID )
            {
                Console.WriteLine( "Login: {0}: Invalid client detected, disconnecting [PacketHandlers GameLogin() 2]", state );
                state.Dispose();
                return;
            }
            else if ( state.m_AuthID == 0 && authID != state.m_Seed )
            {
                Console.WriteLine( "Login: {0}: Invalid client detected, disconnecting [PacketHandlers GameLogin() 3]", state );
                state.Dispose();
                return;
            }
The first if statement checks if the authID sent by the client matches with one previously sent to the client during the first login step, correct?

Now what I'm trying to do is a server redirect, so that people can see a list of shards that are hosted on multiple IP/ports, so when they do this, then that ID is invalid when they hit that packet handler, as the ID was generated at the login server, not on the destination server. My system works fine if I comment out the first if statement. But I don't feel right just doing that and calling it a day.

Does this ID thing do anything in particular, regarding security? I really can't see why, given there still needs to be a password authentication done on the destination server, but thought I would check. It obviously exists for a reason.

If I need to keep it, I have an idea how I'll work around the issue. I'll probably code a logon server thats is a separate program you run, and it will send a special packet to all servers in the list so that they have the IDs in the array. Or something along those lines. Probably how OSI does it as their shards are certainly on separate servers.

this may or may not help you - but there is a sript for runing multiple server on the same system - using different ports -- it would be easier to use it than to modify the core
just an fyi for ya

quantomsadmn

Wanderer
Lord_Greywolf;700701 said:
this may or may not help you - but there is a sript for runing multiple server on the same system - using different ports -- it would be easier to use it than to modify the core
just an fyi for ya

Yeah was pretty sure this existed, though I don't think anything exists for running on separate IPs. What I want to do is have the main server and a couple test shards, but they'll all be on several different physical servers.