RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bacaw's <<Easy Level System>>

Bacaw's <<Easy Level System>>

~Easy Level System~
Original author & created by: Bacaw
New author & co-creator: Lucid Nagual

Alpha Version [2].0.1 (c)
RunUO 2.0[RC1] Compliant

This system does not use PlayerMobile edits in serialization and deserialization. This system uses "Central Memory", so that PlayerMobile-like edits can be made without touching the PlayerMobile's sensitive areas!!! This means you can update RunUO worry free.

Now that I have experience, class and race systems... I can take All Spells to a new level. The upcoming releases will provide plugins and offer some really nice options that no one has seen before.

ELS [Easy Level System] is in it's ALPHA stages and may have a few bugs. I have tried to make the coding on this release a bit better than my previous releases, and have tested ELS extensively. However, that doesn't mean that there won't be issues. Please report any problems you come across and/or your personal fixes so that we can make this a better solid system. Thank you for chosing Bacaw's ELS!

Special Thanks:
  • Bacaw: For allowing me to take over this project.
  • Alien: For major help on the level keeper module, and your Central Memory.
  • RunUO Community: I appreciate all of your help, advice, and kind words.
  • Ryan and Staff: For making all of this possible.
  • TMS: For making me a part of the Shard Pack.
  • Daat99: For all your help and support.
Helpers: [Those who have reported issues and helped test fixes.]
  • Nacrom
  • WonderlandADnc
  • DamienPenDragon
New Features:
  • Level Keeper Module & utilizing Central Memory.
  • ELS Settings for reward and experience system activation.
  • The level reward ball...which hands out rewards for all level and rank promotions.
  • Gump overhauls and corrections.
  • Introducing Rank...that allows the level system to cycle and go on infinitely.
  • Introducing Rewards Claimed...tracks how many rewards have been issued.
  • Removed experience point rewards and replaced with exp token rewards.
ELS Commands:
  • [Level - Provides players with a menu system....where they can access their ELS stats and reward menus.
  • [QS - Quick access of ELS stats, such as: Experience Points, Level, Rank, Age and Skill Points.
  • [GetExp - This command is for staff members in case they have to manually change a person's ELS stats.
  • [MyExp - A command for players, so that they can view all their ELS stats without a menu.
  • [MyUpdate - A command that updates a player to the new experience system and assigns a module.
What Is Needed for Installation:
You will need to install Alien's Completely Custom/ ACC & Central Memory scripts.
The Public Gates and Spell System are optional.
They are located here: http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62176

New users need the following:
  • Alien's Completely Custom System
  • Bacaw - Easy Level System v[2].0.1.cs
Previous users need the following:
  • Alien's Completely Custom System
  • Bacaw - Easy Level System v[2].0.1.cs
  • MyUpdate.cs

Attachments

• [2.0]Bacaw's - Easy Level System v[3].0.1.zip
    59.9 KB · Views: 260
  • [2[1].0]Alien's - ACC and Central Memory.zip
    10.1 KB · Views: 185
For Existing Users:

My Update.cs
Is now available!!!

____________________________________​

MyUpdate.cs is for existing users who use v[1].1.1. To update level keepers to CM modules...players can use the command "[MyUpdate". This command transfers experience points from players level keepers to level keeper modules. The command also calculates experience points and assigns new levels. It also renames the level keepers to "Throw me away, please!", then makes the keeper visable and movable. Players can then throw out the keeper or keep it as a souvenir.
--------------------------------------------------------

Attachments

• [2.0]MyUpdate.cs
    5.4 KB · Views: 45
ELS Update Info:

ELS Update Info

Recent Fixes:
  • 05/23/06 Fixed the LevelRewardBall.cs error. Package updated.​
  • 05/23/06 Fixed the LevelQSGumps.cs errors. Package updated.​
  • 05/23/06 Fixed the LevelQSGumps.cs warning. Package updated.​
  • 05/23/06 New ExtTest.cs, creates a module on first kill. Package updated.​
  • 05/23/06 Disabled the Update.cs no longer needed. Package updated.​
  • 05/23/06 Fixed crash from MyUpdate.cs. Script updated.​
  • 05/24/06 Added skill pts transfer to MyUpdate.cs. Script updated.​
  • 05/27/06 Fixed ExtTest.cs crash. Package updated.​
  • 05/27/06 Fixed ExtTest.cs skillcap mistake. Package updated.​
  • 06/18/06 Is now RunUO 2.0 compliant. Package updated.​
  • 06/28/06 Bacaw has sent me a new READ ME [instructions]. Package Updated.​

WonderlandADnc

Hi there. how would i go about updating the one i use. to useing this. thanks.
I haven't finished the update script for those who have existing systems. I will start working on that 2morrow.

Nice Can't wait to give it a try. however you know I am currently using the old system.. so will I need to wait for an update? or hmmm? lol

also

I have no clue what this
Note:
You will also need to install Alien's Compleely Custom/ Central Memory scripts.

DamienPenDragon

Nice Can't wait to give it a try. however you know I am currently using the old system.. so will I need to wait for an update? or hmmm? lol

also

I have no clue what this
Quote:
Note:
You will also need to install Alien's Compleely Custom/ Central Memory scripts.

Completely Custom Link:
http://www.runuo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62176

umm yeah, all I would need is the central memeory script right without all that extra stuff in his package? (not that its bad just dont really want added to my shard)

DamienPenDragon

umm yeah, all I would need is the central memeory script right without all that extra stuff in his package? (not that its bad just dont really want added to my shard)
The only thing that is necessary is the central memory.

okay I'll work with it when you got the update.cs working :)

*Pokes Lucid* Hurrrrrrryyyyyyy lmao j/k
seriously take your time as I always say better to have a compleated finish project then a project full of bugs :D

DamienPenDragon

okay I'll work with it when you got the update.cs working :)

*Pokes Lucid* Hurrrrrrryyyyyyy lmao j/k
seriously take your time as I always say better to have a compleated finish project then a project full of bugs :D
I almost got it done. I think I have a null reference issue lol. Oh well I will finish it 2morrow. I need some sleep. ZZZZZzzzzzz...........

The Scoop:

I've got some good news! I have tested the Update Command and everything works except it doesn't figure out the new level proper. But so far it transfers the Exp Pts and renames the level keeper "Throw me away, please!", sets the level keeper to movable, and makes it visable. I wanted to delete it but couldn't figure out a way to do it, but doesn't matter this way is just as effective. Hopefully, I can release it 2nite sometime. Well...gotta goto an interview and possible drug test & physical :(

nacrom

Wanderer
====start off the topic comment=====
GOOD LUCK ON THE INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!
====end of off topic comment ======

cannot wiat for the updates.. will the transfer from old system to new one be easy. and does this work ACC All Spells? and is it possible not to use the race/class system in this but just use the level system? or this release just the level system?

nacrom

====start off the topic comment=====
GOOD LUCK ON THE INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!
====end of off topic comment ======

cannot wiat for the updates.. will the transfer from old system to new one be easy. and does this work ACC All Spells? and is it possible not to use the race/class system in this but just use the level system? or this release just the level system?
First of all....thanks. I think I've got the job, so I'm pretty happy :)

Second of all, this is not linked to All Spells. It is a stand alone script and I plan on keeping it that way. However, if I come up with a good way of merging them (some neato options) I will provide a plugin for All Spells. But I haven't done that at this time. I will be upgrading the class system though. The new modules will contain a custom skill point option so that the spell classes can become an actual skill. I will also be adding a farming system as a class in the near future. All looks good.

And third....the updates will be super easy. All players have to do is type: "[myupdates" and the command will do all the work. All the players will have to do is trash their old level keepers or keep them if they wish.

If you come up with any more questions I'll be happy to answer them.

hehe my question... :) do you gain exp from Harvesting as well as fighting now?

and are those kept seperate? like a person who wants to work sword skill wount be able to use Harvest exp for the swordsmenship skill?

DamienPenDragon

hehe my question... :) do you gain exp from Harvesting as well as fighting now?

and are those kept seperate? like a person who wants to work sword skill wount be able to use Harvest exp for the swordsmenship skill?
Not at this time. But that's were I might provide a plugin for All Spells. If ELS becomes successful and in demand I'm sure I will end up adding it.

I think the Central Memory is clearly the awsome part of this first release. Alien and I (and others) have discussed the pain that PlayerMobile edits bring and they are very hard for newbs. This was Alien's solution to an age old problem. I look up to Alien and really admire his work with the Completely Custom System. As I go through most of my scripts I will be converting to the CM and avoiding PM edits and the orbs that would take up space, add weight and add count to the backpack as well as issues with events (removing backpack items).

From here we will look at ways to improve and add to the system. Unfortunately, I will have to take a break and go back to All Spells to make some fixes and provide a new release. Right now I am stalling...waiting for David to release his new Harvesting System. I'd like to introduce the farmer class with that release.

A_Li_N

Knight
Lucid Nagual said:
The only thing that is necessary is the central memory.
Not completely accurate :)
You need the ACC core files as well as the Central Memory...basically, download the entire package and extract it to your custom folder, then delete the public gates and Complete Spell System folders.

A_Li_N

Not completely accurate :)
You need the ACC core files as well as the Central Memory...basically, download the entire package and extract it to your custom folder, then delete the public gates and Complete Spell System folders.
Good point I will add that to post #1, thanks.

Attention:

My Update.cs
Is now available!!!

MyUpdate.cs is for existing users who use v[1].1.1. To update level keepers to CM modules...players can use the command "[MyUpdate". This command transfers experience points from players level keepers to level keeper modules. The command also calculates experience points and assigns new levels. It also renames the level keepers to "Throw me away, please!", then makes the keeper visable and movable. Players can then throw out the keeper or keep it as a souvenir. The MyUpdate.cs can be found in post #2.

this is cool and I really like the updated system :)

however I was never fond of having classes, I feel a character should and can become strong enough to use any skill weather its magic or swords lol, I just wanted to mainly keep harvest/craft exp being used towards fight/magic skills and vise versa lol