RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best RunUO version for accurate UOR era

Red4Minax

Sorceror
Good afternoon to all and happy holidays,
I've been working with the latest ServUO pub for quite a bit now but I was wanting to try something new. I used RunUO back in 2010 and was wanting to try it out again. I was wondering if there was a way to use RunUO 1.0 (due to only being updated up to ML expansion). Every time I try to compile I get .Net framework errors. I set my Server.exe config file to read the supported framework v4.0 and it just causes an extended amount of errors. What expansion does RunUO 2.0 support up to?
Thanks in advance.

Djeryv

Sorceror
Reference this...

The issue you are having is that RunUO 1.0 was developed by the original .Net framework and thus the code is outdated when you try to compile it with a newer .Net. So you could either try to update 1.0 source code and scripts...or you could get a 2.2 version and just start stripping out anything AOS and higher. The issue you will have is, "how far to do you want to go down that rabbit hole"? You can set the era to UOR and that gets you a bit there but there are so many other things about T2A that makes it feel that way like the crafting windows back then where you scrolled through the images of items to make.

I used 2.2 for my game and it compiled fine with .Net 4.