RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Better (mob)AI System

Guttersnipe

Squire
Really wish mobs were more smart around objects and better at walking towards enemy the current AI tends to wounder off target then resume and get stuck between rocks and unwalkable land(water, cliffs) if theres already a fix for it i would really like a link please :)

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
There is a new AI system in the works, believe it's coming along rather nicely. You can search for it here on the forum, expect it to make it's way into an actual RunUO release...when ever it is actually finished. Won't need to mod anything or add anything in order to get it working, just will probably have to relearn a lot of new stuff...

Ravenal

Knight
oh man, really? damn i didnt know, i just searched on it saw it by Ravenal http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/runuo-a-i-2-0-development.102984/
but that was for runuo 2.0??? is there a release we can use? like a beta or somthing for 2.1??

thanks for info.

its called RunUO AI 2.0... the first version is basically the old one ie RunUO AI 1.0... That whole system will be totally obsolete and will be removed from the RunUO System. The system at first will simply be based on the original but improved system. I will be adding advance AI logic and what not that can be turned on via configurations. Which will make it handy for those shards who want a more realistic/challenging AI.

Peoharen

Sorceror
Until the new AI system comes out you can download and use mine. It supports all spell systems and it a heck of a lot smarter than using a random engine to just pick a spell. I didn't even try to fix the pathing issues you mentioned, but I did get stealth and OSI's mages stand 2 squares away implemented along with the ability to detect magery's field spells and attempt to move of them.

Caliban-hybrid

Wanderer
Sounds great, will this increase the difficulty of monsters overall? For example will dragons demons etc become immpossible to kill solo? ( not such a bad thing )

Ravenal

Knight
No it will not change difficulty UNLESS they enable settings that can make them more realistic which could increase difficulty.

Ravenal

Knight
Yeah I am sure every shard owner possible would like the monsters smarter, and more difficult to play against, but then there are some who like the old way...

Caliban-hybrid

Wanderer
Maybe It would be worth having the option to only flag certain mob spawns with new ai rules? That way you could update the dragons on fire isle for example but not the spawns in the dungeons.

Guttersnipe

Squire
i dont know about the old style....its just really bad really. makes players kill mobs easily they can run and get the mob stuck on some kind of rock or land and kill it, thats how we use to do back then on baracoon, heh. its to cheap instead of havign the players think of some kind of strategy they just get it stuck and kill it otherwise you have to make lands with nothing around so mobs don't get stuck. would be better if it always direct mob fighting with a tank, healer, and dpser as a team. or else it will always just be 2-3 dpsers getting a mob stuck and taking it down... raising the Mobiles AI would make UO alot more better/fun and challaneging. and would make a better feel of how the real UO(OSI) is.

Ravenal

Knight
Well the real OSI servers, are not so 'good' AI either lol. Like I said, there are plans to enable certain settings that will make the challenging tougher for players if you enable them. Just by default it will consist the same concept as what RunUO currently has.

Guttersnipe

Squire
Well the real OSI servers, are not so 'good' AI either lol. Like I said, there are plans to enable certain settings that will make the challenging tougher for players if you enable them. Just by default it will consist the same concept as what RunUO currently has.

oh really? the osi is not smart ai either? damn thats a shame i remember it was but then again i havnt played osi in a loonnnggg time hehehe. but i still think its a good idea to make them alot smarter or somthing...tired of easy kills and cheap ways to fight mobs. i enjoy a good fun challange should have a AI mod release then and leave the RunUO base releases be i guess since RunUO does and trys to follow osi.

Ravenal

Knight
You do know that I am implementing the Smart AI logic into the code... just for them to be smarter you as a server admin must enable them on your own servers... Otherwise whatever is not part of the distro and anything that anyone wants extra will have to be done on their own. Although I will help give support when the new AI is released so no worries.

Guttersnipe

Squire
OOooohhhh i thought u were going to release like a overide AI or somthing, thats cool too and option to enable it or not :) but dosn't that make it more hard? :confused: hahahaha im just getting started with scripting :p