RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BIG PROBLEM

H

hydroxtrem

BIG PROBLEM

people that i dont give the ip adress to my server are able to log in for no apparent reason. i see a major problem in this.....

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
What are you tallking about. The server is auto account create. It's beta... you dont need any other way of managing accounts until its ready for 1.0.

Eagle

Wanderer
Not just irc, almost any internet "aware" app can and most of the time does share your unmasked IP for anyone , including those that probbly know you had a server running , to see.

Might try some programs like zonealarm or other firewall / proxie type software , or even better yet hardware, but the bottom line is rember even though this is a game you are running a SERVER now, just that word allone will make script kiddies the world round flock to see anyway possible to get into your system , via the iis, icq,anything they can. It is part of your job as a "Server Administrator" to keep these unwanted people out.

Hope that gave ya some insight.

-Eagle Out