RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Block?

Drain

Wanderer
Block?

Hello im trying to set up a shard but i dont want people to uses kirros on it is there any way to block it from my server ?

Phantom

Knight
Drain said:
Hello im trying to set up a shard but i dont want people to uses kirros on it is there any way to block it from my server ?

Why would you want to block this client?

You do understand, that its going to be hard to do this right, and not block the certain versions of the default client right?

Drain

Wanderer
ok i beleave that this program gives certain advantages which i dont want on my shard im allowed my own opinion so is can it be done ? i heard defiance shard blocked it

Phantom

Knight
Drain said:
ok i beleave that this program gives certain advantages which i dont want on my shard im allowed my own opinion so is can it be done ? i heard defiance shard blocked it

Defiance is ran by an idiot.

There is nothing this client can do, that the default client can't, it was design to function so its easier to do stuff but thats all.

Look at the feature list, majority of the features the default client can do, just would require more work.

The answer to the question, its going to be hard to block it, considering it emulates an older default client. So if you block that version, you block everyone who might use that, which if you want to do that feel free.

Phantom

Knight
Augustus said:
If you looked, Defiance doesn't allow Razor, either.

You can't block Razor, so I doubt they have much luck with that, like I have said before I dislike the defiance owner(s).

Augustus

Wanderer
Phantom said:
You can't block Razor, so I doubt they have much luck with that, like I have said before I dislike the defiance owner(s).

I may be wrong. I just thought I remembered seeing that on their website somewhere.

Razor is allowed on Defiance shard, as far, as I read the ToS/Rules.
They have a login tool. Wouldn't be too difficult to check, if you got Razor installed with that and don't connect, if it is found and block everyone who ain't using that login-tool.

Phantom said:
it was design to function so its easier to do stuff but thats all.

Like speedhacks were designed to make it easier for running faster and EasyUO was designed to help macro afk faster.

It gives an unfair advantage... thats cheating lolol

Kamron

Knight
Krrios (PlayUO) client sends a packet which is normally 0x00 as 0xFF. I won't go into detail as people who don't know, won't understand and those who do, already know. To block Krrios, simply set AllowGodClient in ClientVersion.cs to false. This will not allow that 0xFF parameter of the packet.

Jeff

Lord
XxSP1DERxX said:
Krrios (PlayUO) client sends a packet which is normally 0x00 as 0xFF. I won't go into detail as people who don't know, won't understand and those who do, already know. To block Krrios, simply set AllowGodClient in ClientVersion.cs to false. This will not allow that 0xFF parameter of the packet.
WRONG! i did this, the krioss client now sends the same packet as the EA UO client. it is not possible to disable anymore :(

Kamron

Knight
if this was changed... then you are correct, however at the time of the thread, that was correct information for the Krrios client. I do not use the Krrios client, so I wasn't aware of that packet change.

Seanchen.net

Wanderer
QuIcK_FiNgErS said:
Like speedhacks were designed to make it easier for running faster and EasyUO was designed to help macro afk faster.

It gives an unfair advantage... thats cheating lolol

Yes Speedhacks are on the same level of EasyUO.

If you really think that, then your an idiot.

EasyUO, Razor, and PlayUO do not do anything you can't do with the default client, and knowlege of how to do it.

Perhaps filtering packets, you can't do, but most everything else you can do. Perhaps more Razor and PlayUO then EasyUO.

None of these tools allow you to "speedhack"

Eggit

Wanderer
Seanchen.net said:

EasyUO, Razor, and PlayUO do not do anything you can't do with the default client, and knowlege of how to do it.

Perhaps filtering packets, you can't do, but most everything else you can do. Perhaps more Razor and PlayUO then EasyUO.

I don't think he was implying that either allow you to speedhack. he was just saying that most people consider speed hacking to be "cheating" and therefore do not want it on thier shard.
Whats cheating to one person may not be to another.
This individual sees kirrios as cheating, wich is his right. So he wants to block it from his shard.

Seanchen.net said:

:rolleyes:

PlayUO, EasyUO and Razor are, in brief.... assist programs.
They assist you or your client in performing certain actions that would otherwise prove difficult to some people while doing something else, like EasyUO allowing you to farm resources while you sleep or scan properties of other peoples equipped items, Razor allowing you to "chug" and "aid" while engaged in combat, PlayUO allowing you to target friends while targeting an enemy (and "chug" and "aid" at the same time) while seeing guard lines and through house walls.
Speedhack assists your client in reaching server caps for movement, helping to faster navigate obstacles while running and therfore falls into the same category.

Thank you Eggit. I was beginning to think that some people only see what meets their eyes. :p