RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

[2.x] BoxerChat 1.5

No permission to download

Bittiez

Sorceror
Bittiez submitted a new resource:

BoxerChat (version 0.0.1) - A chat system with a gump displaying chat messages

What is this?
This is a chat system for players to use, it also comes with a gump that displays all the chat messages in it(No more searching journals to find what they said!)

Information?
First of all, keep in mind this is a very new system, and I plan to develop it further and provide more extensive features.

This displays a gump:
View attachment 82978
Showing all messages(Well, up to 50) in the gump conveniently :)

Hows...

Read more about this resource...

Erevan

Sorceror
Haven't had a chance to test this myself, but when you say it doesn't "work" with Knives Chat - are you saying it's incompatible (meaning it may conflict), or you simply don't recommend attempting to combine the two (which I have no desire to do).

Bittiez

Sorceror
for the public static string[] NameColors, I'd recommend changing that to an Enum. Some info on that you can find: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/sbbt4032(v=vs.80).aspx

but that way you can reference the int for the color/hex with something like (int)Color.Player
Hex colors aren't int =/ That was my original idea though :)

Haven't had a chance to test this myself, but when you say it doesn't "work" with Knives Chat - are you saying it's incompatible (meaning it may conflict), or you simply don't recommend attempting to combine the two (which I have no desire to do).

It will actually work just fine, but you would have two conflicting commands(knives uses [c, you would have to remove [c from this script)

Erevan

Sorceror
Makes much more sense. Also, time-stamps are a bit quirky. New messages update all previous messages to the current time. So for example (bear with me, it's nearly 3am):

User A posts "Hello" at 2:39am
User B posts "Hi" at 2:39am
User C posts "I'm back" at 2:45am and the two messages above are changed to 2:45am

Bittiez

Sorceror
Makes much more sense. Also, time-stamps are a bit quirky. New messages update all previous messages to the current time. So for example (bear with me, it's nearly 3am):

User A posts "Hello" at 2:39am
User B posts "Hi" at 2:39am
User C posts "I'm back" at 2:45am and the two messages above are changed to 2:45am
Thanks, didn't even cross my mind but it was a total fail on my part :)

Erevan

Sorceror
Quick bug report: the system doesn't automatically purge the chat window once it reaches 50 messages.

Also, I just wanted to offer a 'thanks' for this release. I've been planning on designing an in-game chat console for Staff, to avoid the constant mishaps of using [C instead of [S and having Staff chat blasted globally. But this will make a nice base to start from. I may just wait to see where you go with this first, though. :)

Bittiez

Sorceror
Quick bug report: the system doesn't automatically purge the chat window once it reaches 50 messages.

Also, I just wanted to offer a 'thanks' for this release. I've been planning on designing an in-game chat console for Staff, to avoid the constant mishaps of using [C instead of [S and having Staff chat blasted globally. But this will make a nice base to start from. I may just wait to see where you go with this first, though. :)
Although I haven't actually tested the message limit, it shouldn't purge, it will only remove messages past 50(so if you have 50, and someone writes a message, the oldest message(51) should be deleted). Also working on adding the staff tab right now :)

Erevan

Sorceror
Doesn't appear to be doing that. I've had several users attempt to use the box, but once it reached the 50th message, it just sits.

- As for the Staff capabilities, my goal would likely be a bit more complex. I'm actually not going to make this available to anyone other than Staff. I intend to set it to pop open on log-in for Staff members, and potentially find a way to add a text input field below the chat log. Essentially turning it into a mini-instant messenger for Staff. :)

Bittiez

Sorceror
Doesn't appear to be doing that. I've had several users attempt to use the box, but once it reached the 50th message, it just sits.

- As for the Staff capabilities, my goal would likely be a bit more complex. I'm actually not going to make this available to anyone other than Staff. I intend to set it to pop open on log-in for Staff members, and potentially find a way to add a text input field below the chat log. Essentially turning it into a mini-instant messenger for Staff. :)
My original intent was to have a text box too, but I haven't gotten to that part yet, maybe ill add it in this release(should be in the next hour or two)

Bittiez

Sorceror

You are correct, it was actually removing the newest message(so what they typed didn't get posted) it will be fixed in 0.0.5 :)

Erevan

Sorceror
Final suggestion (not sure how valuable it is, but I know you welcome them): I noticed you added an ability to disable guild/Staff chat; how about an ability to disable world chat? Others may notice my post about Staff-only, and could find a similar use. Ultimately its your release, so it may be more trouble than it's worth.

Bittiez

Sorceror
Final suggestion (not sure how valuable it is, but I know you welcome them): I noticed you added an ability to disable guild/Staff chat; how about an ability to disable world chat? Others may notice my post about Staff-only, and could find a similar use. Ultimately its your release, so it may be more trouble than it's worth.

Its actually really easy to enable/disable world chat, ill have it done in the next release :)

Bittiez

Sorceror
When you add the text box to it will you remove the [c command?
Current version that I just uploaded has the text box, has normal [commands available for each tab(You can just set the settings for these to have no prefixes, it will disable them) and you can enable/disable all tabs now