RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bringing back a (really) old server?

Rooster2

Sorceror
So I just found my (old) server, circa 2006-2007 based on file creation dates.. After tracking down some (hopefully proper) UO clients (uotd / uoml???) to point the server DataPath.cs at, this is my result:
Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.0, Build 2816.18870
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.9164
Time: 10/4/2022 8:19:20 PM
Mobiles: 4752
Items: 113780
Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: The attempted operation is not supported for the type of object referenced
   at System.Net.IPAddress.get_Address()
   at Server.Utility.IPMatch(String val, IPAddress ip, Boolean& valid)
   at Server.Utility.IPMatch(String val, IPAddress ip)
   at Server.Misc.ServerList.IsPrivateNetwork(IPAddress ip)
   at Server.Misc.ServerList.HasPublicIPAddress()
   at Server.Misc.ServerList.AutoDetection()
   at Server.Misc.ServerList.Initialize()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug, Boolean cache)
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Clients:
- Count: 0

Before I try any new compiling of code and possibly entertain a Frankenstein situation (new code, old save folder, that sort of thing) - What are you thoughts, is there anything I can do to get this 'old' server going? My kid and I used to play on it - He was like 9 then, 24 now rofl.. Be super cool to see our old toons once again :) Did try running the exe as admin, thinking maybe it wasn't allowed to access my IP address info or something.. This is a Windows 11 box - Other options could include running this on a VM of XP or 7 maybe?

Thanks and nice to see the community still around, if recently back in the game at that!

- Rooster2

Tumeski

Sorceror
Hi,

You might be getting an IPv6 address or that .net 2.0 doesn't point correctly or something. Hard to say exact from that, but try to drop IPv6 settings from you NIC completely and optionally add your IP address into config files so it doesn't look for it.